Script adds extra backslash to path

Up front...
Yes, I know Directory Opus is -not- designed for Linux.
I am using "Linux File Systems for Windows " which enables me to access Linux drives as if it were under Windows. So I can delete, rename files also using Directory Opus.
All the usual renaming (rename panel, including regex etc) works fine.

Using a script though, the rename adds an extra backslash to the driveletter-folder path, i.e.
instead of x:\folder (under Windows) it becomes x:\\folder and the script fails.

Again.. I know, Opus isn't designed for this and if it doesn't work, then so be it, I simply have to accept this. But I am just curious to know if this is indeed what should be expected.

Thanks.

Which script? What is the code that generates that command and path?

We don't have enough information to know if the script is the problem, or if it's something in Opus itself.

Sorry for the delay. One way or the other, it looks I haven't received a notification, neither in the 'junk' box.
Earlier posts can be found in thread "Change modified date after filename"

For experts this script probably looks crap, but it works fine for me.

For good order's sake below the script

Rename PATTERN="*" TO="*"
@nodeselect
@script vbscript
Option Explicit
' Change the path below if you haven't installed Opus to the default location:
dim DOpusRTPath
'DOpusRTPath = "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe"
DOpusRTPath = "D:\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe"
Dim Shell
Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Function Rename_GetNewName(strFileName, strFilePath, fIsFolder, strOldName, ByRef strNewName)
   Dim strDateTime
   Dim strCommand
   ' Set strNewName to an empty string so that Opus does not rename the file.
   strNewName = ""
   Dim debstr
   Dim gettimestamp
   gettimestamp = 0

' format: file name+ddmmyyyy hhmmss  dd-mm-yyyy  hh-mm-ss   dd mm yyyy  hh mm ss
     Dim re0
     Set re0 = new RegExp
     re0.Pattern = "^(?:.*?)[-_\s]*(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|1[0-2])[\s\-\_\.]?(17[0-9][0-9]|18[0-9][0-9]|19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-2][0-9])[-\s_]?([0-1]\d|[2][0-3])[\s\-\_]?([0-5]\d)[\s\-\_]?([0-5]\d)\.(?:.*?)$"

' format: file name+yyyymmdd hhmmss  yyyy-mm-dd  hh-mm-ss   (with or without dashes)
    Dim re1
    Set re1 = new RegExp
    re1.Pattern = "^(?:.*?)[-_\s]*(17[0-9][0-9]|18[0-9][0-9]|19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-2][0-9])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|1[0-2])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[-\s_]?([0-1]\d|[2][0-3])[\s\-\_]?([0-5]\d)[\s\-\_]?([0-5]\d)\.(?:.*?)$"

' format: file name+ddmmyyyy dd-mm-yyyy  Date ONLY (no time)
     Dim re2
     Set re2 = new RegExp
     re2.Pattern = "^(?:.*?)[-_\s]*(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|1[0-2])[\s\-\_\.]?(17[0-9][0-9]|18[0-9][0-9]|19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-2][0-9])\.(?:.*?)$"

' format: file name+yyyy-mm-dd  yyyymmdd  date ONLY  without time
     Dim re3
     Set re3 = new RegExp
     re3.Pattern = "^(?:.*?)[-_\s]*(17[0-9][0-9]|18[0-9][0-9]|19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-2][0-9])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|1[0-2])[\s\-\_\.]?(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])\.(?:.*?)$"

If (re0.Test(strFileName)) Then
      strDateTime = re0.Replace(strFileName, "$3$2$1 $4:$5:$6")
      gettimestamp = 1
      debstr = "(0): " & strDateTime
   ElseIf (re1.Test(strFileName)) Then
      strDateTime = re1.Replace(strFileName, "$1$2$3 $4:$5:$6")
      gettimestamp = 1
      debstr =  "(1): " & strDateTime
   ElseIf (re2.Test(strFileName)) Then
      strDateTime = re2.Replace(strFileName, "$3$2$1")
      gettimestamp = 1
      debstr =  "(2): " & strDateTime
   ElseIf (re3.Test(strFileName)) Then
      strDateTime = re3.Replace(strFileName, "$1$2$3")
      gettimestamp = 1
      debstr =  "(3): " & strDateTime
   End If

If (Not IsEmpty(strDateTime)) Then
      If (gettimestamp) Then
            strDateTime = strDateTime & " " & GetFileModTime(strFilePath & "\" & strFileName)
      End If
      DOpus.OutputString "Set Date & Time " & debstr
      strCommand = """" & DOpusRTPath & """ /cmd SetAttr FILE=""" & strFilePath & "\" & strFileName & """ MODIFIED=""" & strDateTime & """"
      DOpus.OutputString "CMD = " & strCommand
      Shell.Run strCommand,0,true
   End If
End Function

Function GetFileModTime(filespec)
   Dim fso, f, s
   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   Set f = fso.GetFile(filespec)
   s = split(f.DateLastModified, " ", -1, 1)
   GetFileModTime = s(1)
End Function

I don't think this has anything to do with Linux.

Your script doesn't handle when the path is at the root of a drive properly. Your first example is in a sub-folder and the second is in the root of a drive.

Drive roots like E:\ already have a backslash on the end. Your script adds a backslash to the path (now there are two) and then the filename.

The FSUtils object in Opus has methods for adding components to paths without worrying about backslashes. Or you could change your script to look for an existing backslash and only add it if it's needed (but using FSUtils is easier and less code/mess).

This is all academic though as Windows doesn't usually care about extra backslashes and ignores them.

Many thanks indeed. That clarifies it then.
I have no knowledge of writing scripts. This one has been created by MrC and I haven't the faintest idea how i works. Over time I have merely changed the regex parts, so it would work the way I want(ed).

-later-
I have moved the file to a subfolder on the Linux USB drive and did the 'Date from Filename' thing.
No extra backslash is added now, but still nothing changes.
Now the logs entries look identical. The script doesn't work properly in this a little exceptional situation.
Vainly spent some time figuring out why, but gave up. Let it rest...

Off-topic:
For one reason or the other I don't get any notifications... This used to work well in the past.
At the bottom of the thread it says "You will receive notifications because you created this topic."
Also below the my profile button it says:
SnagIt-30102019%20071816
There is nothing in 'spam/junk' (Outlook 365 desktop) and neither there is anything within that folder within Outlook Web Access.

Do you have emails turned on in your user preferences?

Thank you! Frankly, I wasn't aware of any settings there.
The setting: "Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post,..etc" was set to "Only when away" (?)
Changed this to "Always".

Thanks again.