Script request: Save for This Folder

Given my recent issues with thumbnails, I would like to respectfully request a script for a button to "Save to this folder" as I want to manually go through hundreds of image folders setting them to icon display.

Gratitude will follow. :slight_smile:

You can't do that with the current scripting capabilities and honestly, it's seems like a bad idea as well!? o)

What's the problem with the autodetection?
It does a good job unless you have folders that contain folders and images, for which you sometimes like to avoid switching to thumbnail view.
But for this and other cases there is a script addin "OverrideFormats". It allows to force specific view modes based on some rules you can setup.

Thanks, tbone. I looked and couldn't see a script option I could do, but I am useless at it, so I asked.

Autodetect - not sure what you mean by that.

The problem is that I do have many, many folders nested according to a variety of criteria - like I said, probably a few hundred, because I am a graphic designer/photographer. I specifically want detail view for folders, thumbnails only at the final folder containing the actual images. I am doing it manually because I believe there is a malfunction with the folder saving options. I think I must be really, really stupid. (But I do know it worked as expected before the version I am running now - 11.16.)

The Content Type system might provide what you want, if you want folders with lots of image files to automatically switch into thumbnails.

Other than that, your option is to use wildcard formats.

There is no bug in the folder saving options; it just does not work the way you expected it to.

Maybe this could help your problem:

Event: Trigger Flat View (or any other command) in configured folders

Its a script. Just configure it to set the thumbnails view. I didnt try it but i think its what u are lookin for.

Thanks for replying. However, I know virtually nothing about scripting. Can you help me with how to configure the script for thumbnails, please? I changed the view to Mixed, but not sure what to add. (I tried a few things, but nothing produced thumbnails.)

I have fiddled with scripting, modifiers, yaddayadda but I am not getting very far. At the moment I am going through things manually, like this:

Folder Tree active (useful for the manual process)
Thumbnail and button for "Properties FOLDEROPTIONS", side by side
In Lister panel, click to the bottom (Image) level of the folder hierarchy, which can be several levels
Set to Thumbnail and Save For This Folder.

That results in what I was hoping to achieve by asking for a script to automate the whole process, but probably didn't express myself very well. I will keep fiddling because it is no doubt possible.

TIA for any assistance.

PS Sorry, I should have said I am not requesting the script as I've already done the manual thing pretty much, I just added that to clarify. I'd only like help on doing something useful with thumbnails in Leo's script.