Scrollable list of drives to select from

I am trying out Opus 9 (9.5.6.0). I would like to know whether it is possible to show a scrollable list of drive letters, ie using a key to display list of drives, and then use the cursor keys to scroll up and down and select the highlighted drive by pressing the Enter/Return key.

I having been using Total Commander, and pressing the Alt F1 keys produces the following

I can then use the up and down cursor keys to highlight the drive needed and then the Enter/Return key.

In Opus I am aware that there is a toolbar called "drives" which can be displayed on and off with an assigned function or other key. But in order to select a drive it is necessary to use the mouse to select it. Unless I am missing something. I prefer not to use the mouse for this.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Paste the following on to your toolbar (as explained in How to add buttons from this forum to your toolbars):

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" popout="bottom" textcol="none" type="menu"> <label>&amp;Drives</label> <icon1>#drivebuttons</icon1> <button display="both" label_pos="right"> <label>Drive Buttons</label> <icon1>116</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go DRIVEBUTTONS=labels,lettersbeforelabels,hideempty</instruction> </function> </button> </button>

You should then be able to open the menu by pushing Alt-D and scroll through it using the cursor keys.

If you want to use something other than Alt-D, edit the menu item in Customize mode and look at its label, which will be &Drives. The &D part means that Alt-D is the hotkey for it, but if you put the & before another character then you can change the hotkey to something else (although not F1 in this case; you can bind commands to Alt-F1 but not menus).

Leo,

Thank you for the information. Just what I wanted.

Althoough surprised that this is not built in...

But you CAN :slight_smile:! Also sorting is possible (e.g. hd's first, external second,...).

BTW drivebuttons are more effizient esp. on dual mode.

Shift-Enter- is enough for me. I have the drives toolbar only for aesthetical reasons & to remind me, which drives
i have anyway. :smiley:

Shift+Enter, I didn't know that. Useful! Thanks.