Search by date when (yyyy mmm) exists in name field

It would be great if there was a way to tell DO to sort the 'Name' field/column by date if the name contains date elements.

For example:

I know I can rename the files using 12 for December and so on, but it would be nice if DO could recognize months and sort using month names. Of course it is highly likely that DO can already do this and I just don't know how to access the option. If that is the case, any help will be appreciated.

I may not have explained myself adequately in the words above, but hopefully the screenshot will help.

Any suggestions?

I would fix the files' created or modified timestamps so that they match the dates in the filenames, then sort by those.

If it's just the files in the screenshot then it's probably quicker to do it by hand, but if you have lots then it could be done using a script. Copy Created/Modified times to/from EXIF times has an example script which sets the timestamps on files based on other information about them.

Thanks Leo.

I was hoping there was a slightly cleverer way of doing this. Perhaps a future version of DO will be able to recognise and enable sorting by months (and days) when spelt out.

In the meantime I will have a play with the script. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Wyndham