Search Everything integration

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Search Everything (voidtools.com), but it is the fastest file name searcher/finder I have ever seen for NTFS local disks.

I would love to find a way to integrate the search powers into Directory Opus if nothing else than quickly finding folders.

Check out Search Everything and post any suggestions. There is a program interface.

Thanks, Spud

First search, then post

SearchEverything: Getting Opus to work with Everything

I cast the net, but I see I didn't cast the net wide enough. Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but is there any update about how to get this to run in Opus? All i can achieve ist to have an Everything instance opening*, but isn't it supposed to open in Opus somehow? I have tried several code snippets from this thread, but none of them actually worked. The only one which halfways works writes "wfn:ets.js.*" into every search mask, so it doesn't seem quite right yet.

** using the etsmenu.dcf button from this thread

Better to ask in the thread itself than in this old thread that just points to it. The thread author won't be notified when you post in here.

Ok, i will try that.

Edit, this thread is virtually endless. I gave up after one minute of scrolling. :slight_smile:
But i know, i had it running, some years ago. But i think that was before Opus 12.

Push end to go to the bottom. The solution is probably already somewhere in the thread though. :slight_smile:

Yep, still sifting through that really big thread, having already over half a dozen test buttons. :smiley:

1 Like