Searching in Libraries

The search box on the top right seems to behave differently in "libraries". I have a library with folders from two different HDDs, then I open it in flatview mode. I can search all my files very rapidly this way. However typing a word in the search bar returns nothing in the search results folder that opens. In contrast, if I start from a regular folder and convert to flatview, then I can search for all files containing the typed word. Why the difference? Can I overcome this limitation?
Searching from the filter bar works the same in both situations (there is just more typing required in the filter box).

The search field should not be affected by whether or not flat view is in use.

If you do the same thing without flat view, do you get the same results? If so then flat view isn't relevant.

What is the actual search you are doing?

Are you sure a filter isn't being applied on top of the search results, or anything like that?

What happens if you do the same search in the same library, but using Windows Explorer?

I have checked and searching from within a library works fine here, including when Flat View was in use, and including searching for file contents (as well as file names, in a separate test). I can't see any problems.

There is a real problem and I can reproduce it (of course this does not mean that I did not create the problem myself!). However it just disappeared after I played with Folder Options dialog as follows.
Firstly, I was searching from two different saved listers, each with different Folder Options layouts (ie different column headings and widths). I noticed that in the lister B where the search works (in flatview or not), the search results came up (searching for a single word, Action, nothing else, no filters) but the folder options changed to a set I have saved previously in the Folder Options dialog box for mp3 music formats. Still, search worked. Then I changed the Folder Options in lister B to suit the content and saved those options for all "For All Folders + Layouts & Folder Tabs".
Next I went to a new Lister A. This is the one that would not search, its designed to initially open the libraries folder in flatview. With nothing else changed at all, search now works in that lister. It certainly did not work for the last week or 5 min before. So something about the paragraph above "reset" this function.

The bottom line now is that the saved Folder Options changes the display mode of the files in the search results, rather than keeping those currently being used in the current lister. Firstly, I have no idea why it would initially not search from lister A, but that problem can no longer be reproduced. Secondly, how can I make a search result use the same folder layout as I am currently viewing?

Folder Options should not have any effect on search results (unless the folder options include filters to show/hide certain items, which would affect search results the same as any other folder).

Search results format lock can be used if you want search results to inherit the columns shown in the folder you searched.

Thanks a lot. This seems to be a good solution. I'll try when i get home from work.