Select all and send

First of all I own Directory Opus 8 and it works perfectly

I bought a Vista computer and was having a problem getting Vista to select all.

I thought Directory Opus might help, so I downloaded and installed a trial version of the 64 bit version.

It selects all just fine but when I click on the icon for sending, it does not display all drives and only lets me send the selected files to C:

I want to send all from drive K to drive J and Directory Opus won't let me. :blush: :blush:

No idea what you're talking about - what "icon for sending" - please explain better/further if you want help.

With Opus 8 I select all in the edit menu and then click on the icon on the top that looks like 2 pieces of paper. This activates a pull down menu of what drive to send the selected items to.

With Opus 9 I select all and when I click on the icon, no pull down menu appears and all I can do is send to default drive C

:blush: :blush:

If you click the Copy button in the toolbar when there is no Destination window (e.g. you only have one file display open) then you should see a Select Destination Folder window like the one below.

Are you seeing that?

Do you have just one Opus file display open? If you have more than one then the files will be copied to the other one. (See the MultiListers video in the Tutorials forum if you don't understand how that works.)

[quote="nudel"]If you click the Copy button in the toolbar when there is no Destination window (e.g. you only have one file display open) then you should see a Select Destination Folder window like the one below.

Are you seeing that?

Do you have just one Opus file display open? If you have more than one then the files will be copied to the other one. (See the MultiListers video in the Tutorials forum if you don't understand how that works.)[/quote]

If I saw the destination window I would not be asking this question.
I see it with Opus 8 not Opus 9 :blush: :blush:

So what do you see? You mention a pull-down menu but I don't know what you mean.

Please post a screenshot.

The problem is that with Opus 9, if you have Opus istalled on drive C, then a split screen Opus window for drive C opens when you launch Opus 9. You have to "x" out the C window to get Opus to work. :blush:

This was not true with Opus 8 and it is not a step forward.

So you have Opus 9 set to open something different at startup than you have Opus 8 set to. It's not a 9 vs 8 thing, it's just a configuration setting.

Unless you have configured things differently, Opus will be opening the Default Lister, so if you don't want the Default Lister to open with two file displays then close one half of it and then use Settings -> Set as Default Lister.

[quote="nudel"]So you have Opus 9 set to open something different at startup than you have Opus 8 set to. It's not a 9 vs 8 thing, it's just a configuration setting.

Unless you have configured things differently, Opus will be opening the Default Lister, so if you don't want the Default Lister to open with two file displays then close one half of it and then use Settings -> Set as Default Lister.[/quote]

Thank you :blush: :blush: