Select all but CVS-directories

Sometimes I need to copy som files from one CVS sandbox to another, thus I do not want to copy the CVS-directories in the source.

I recon I need to use the 'copy filter' - but I cannot make it select everything, except directories with the name CVS and the contents in this directories.

Any help?

I think this thread should help:

[Exclude filter when copying)

Note that my first answer was wrong; check my second attempt instead. :slight_smile:

That's for excluding .svn directories but it'll work with .cvs as well if you make the appropriate change.

[quote="nudel"]I think this thread should help:

[Exclude filter when copying)

Note that my first answer was wrong; check my second attempt instead. :slight_smile:

That's for excluding .svn directories but it'll work with .cvs as well if you make the appropriate change.[/quote]

I tried that - it works when using it as a filter when copying.
However, when I try it as a select-filter (right click the 'Select files and folder by wildcard pattern' in a lister in flat-mode), it keeps selecting every file.
It's kind of hard to see if a filter works when it keeps selecting everything while testing, but working ok when copying :frowning:

Well, thanks for the help.

If you want to test Copy or Delete filters, use the Find Panel. It should work the same, unlike using a filter with Select which works slightly differently.