SELECT Field: Partial Match; Deselect

I have a Select Field in my toolbar which requires me to use wildcards to select...

1. Can it be converted to "Partial Match" type? (like the one available for FILTERS)
  2. Can I have a "Deselect Field" too?

I don't know a way to turn the toolbar Select Field into one which does partial matching. You can, however, do partial matching by simply typing : and then whatever you want to match into the lister. (Assuming Preferences - Listers - File Display: Use Find field when typing in File Display is turned on.)

I can't see a way to deselect files using the Select Field, nor to create a Deselect Field.

If you want those things, send GPSoftware a request.

Something you can do is create buttons or hotkeys which ask you for a pattern and then select or deselect any partial matches:

(What to do with the XML below.)

Select Partial:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>Select Partial</label> <icon1>#selectwild</icon1> <function type="batch"> <instruction>Select PATTERN &quot;*{dlgstring|Select: Enter Substring to Match}*&quot;</instruction> </function> </button>

Deselect Partial:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>Deselect Partial</label> <icon1>#selectwild</icon1> <function type="batch"> <instruction>Select DESELECT PATTERN &quot;*{dlgstring|Select: Enter Substring to Deselect}*&quot;</instruction> </function> </button>

Nice... the Buttons do everything :slight_smile: Thanks!