Select file in lister after downloading it

Is there any way to get dopus to highlight a file I just downloaded in Firefox (say a ZIP or RAR file) after I've clicked on it to open? Normally it goes INSIDE the zip file, and this makes it so there's an unecessary step of going up, then trying to find the file so i can right click on it and extract it to its own folder.

Maybe it's just I haven't had coffee yet... but I can't pictur ewhat you're doing...

When you say "after I've clicked on it to open" do you mean you've chosen to 'open' it in the FF download dialog rather than 'save' it to disk?

I use Opera, not FF... but maybe there is a way to customize what FF does when you say 'open' a file? If so, and this is what you mean then we can possibly work out an Opus command, but the first part of it is really an FF question...

Sorry, I realized I wasn't specific enough. Maybe pictures would help:

Say I'm in Firefox and I see a zip file I want to download. I right click on the link, go to Save Link As, save it in the save dialog box, and then the downloads window comes up. I then right click on the zip file and choose to have it open the containing folder like so:

And then this happens:

It's going inside the zip file and displaying the contents. Note that this is irrelevant of whatever setting I have for Dopus' "Activate Opus ZIP file handling".

Anyway, what I want it to do is this, instead:

Which is what it does on my work computer with Firefox and no Directory Opus. Why do I want it to do this?

Because 99% of the time, I want to extract the file using WinRAR, like so:

The functionality as such is a huge time-waster for me. You could imagine how frustrating it is in a Installers folder with tons of zip files to have to go up from inside the ZIP file and navigate through the folders to find the specific zip file I just downloaded.

Clearly Firefox is launching the zip file and not the folder containing the zip file. Doesn't look like an Opus problem to me.

mIRC does the same thing, FWIW. It treats zip files as if they were folders and "helpfully" opens the contents of the zip when you ask to go to the containing folder.

At least, I assume it is Firefox/mIRC causing the problem since Opus has no way to guess the name of the zip file unless it's being explicitly told to open it.

[quote="nudel"]Clearly Firefox is launching the zip file and not the folder containing the zip file. Doesn't look like an Opus problem to me.

mIRC does the same thing, FWIW. It treats zip files as if they were folders and "helpfully" opens the contents of the zip when you ask to go to the containing folder.

At least, I assume it is Firefox/mIRC causing the problem since Opus has no way to guess the name of the zip file unless it's being explicitly told to open it.[/quote]

Sorry Nudel, it's an Opus problem, because look what happens when I completely disable Opus Explorer Replacement mode:

Will it be fixed? Thank you.

I double checked with Jon and he put it under a debugger. It turns out there is a /select argument that programs can give to Explorer which says "read the parent directory and select the item", but Opus doesn't currently understand it. That explains why Explorer and Opus are different here.

I've put a report into GPSoft's database so that it can be fixed. Thanks for persisting after I blamed Firefox. :slight_smile:

[quote="nudel"]I double checked with Jon and he put it under a debugger. It turns out there is a /select argument that programs can give to Explorer which says "read the parent directory and select the item", but Opus doesn't currently understand it. That explains why Explorer and Opus are different here.

I've put a report into GPSoft's database so that it can be fixed. Thanks for persisting after I blamed Firefox. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thank you!