Hang copying files from phone

I take a lot of pictures with my Android phone, then want to store them on my computer. I connect the cable to the computer and select "File transfer" in the USB settings. But when I select files from the phone, DOPUS hangs. Sometimes I can select one file and copy it, but mostly it just hangs. A window appears titled "(0% ) File Function - Directory Opus" with a green progress bar, and the name of the first selected file. The green bar does its usual thing of running across the screen several times, but with no progress. There are three buttons below the green bar, Skip (which is greyed out) Pause, and Abort. The pause button works and pauses the function, but the Abort does not, and neither does the Close Window X at the top right of the window. The only way out of this is to call up Task Manager and cancel the Dopus process.

It doesn't make any difference whether I start the copy process from the keyboard with a control-C or select Copy from the menu.

Strangely enough, I can select and copy entire directories from the phone to my laptop, so I've been doing that, then deleting the 90% of the files that I've already got. No problem.

I've tried a different USB connector cable. The laptop uses Windows 10, latest update, and the phone is a OnePlus 8 Pro with Android 11.

Does anyone have any ideas for a starting point? Thanks in advance.

Nigel

1 Like

Go FTP!

Cable is ok, if you want to copy huge video files and need the USB 3.1 speed.

The MTP is crap, even in Explorer I always went into problems copying files from Android to PC and vice versa (disconnects, hanging, empty dirs). Since years I now use either Syncback Pro for backup or CX File Explorer for copying. Both via WiFi, slower but works.

Strange. Not me. I have never issue with Explorer or Xyplorer for the files transfert. But with Opus, it's often buged...