Select Files and Folders only with Keyboard

Hello,

I´m new with DOpus and I use in the past thw windows file explorer and sometime the TotalCommander.

Now I like to manage all with ShortCuts. So I need to know how I could select f.ex. files and/or folders with the Space key to copy or move them to another Lister or Folder?

Also I like to know if I could manage all copy and moves with another application like TerryCopy, which is much faster for big file sizes.

For any hint, thank you very much.

Best regards

Markus

I am not sure what you mean!? Do you have problems with the space bar? Normally you can select files/folders with the space bar just like in all the other programs

Did you search the forums? A quick search turns up some threads about "teracopy" like

[Copy & Move with TeraCopy)

P.S. These guys here do not like to be bothered by such simple answerable questions :wink:

Also have a look on the FAQs!

Regards
xbprm[/url]

Hallo xbprm,

ich kann leider keine Date auswählen mit Space, egal welche Ansicht ich auch in DOpus habe :frowning:

Mit STRG und linke Maustaste funktioniert es einwandfrei.. nur halt über die Tastatur nicht.

Das mit TeraCopy viel mir noch ein als ich den Beitrag schrieb.. stimmt, hääte auch zuerst noch suchen können :unamused:

Muss ich noch ein Haken in den Einstellung setzen um Dateien mit dem Keyborad zu selektieren?

Danke und Gruß

Markus

Hi Markus,

please post everthing in english. Some people here do not understand german so well. Maybe leo :wink:

[quote="Markus"]Hallo xbprm,

ich kann leider keine Date auswählen mit Space, egal welche Ansicht ich auch in DOpus habe :frowning:

Mit STRG und linke Maustaste funktioniert es einwandfrei.. nur halt über die Tastatur nicht.

Muss ich noch ein Haken in den Einstellung setzen um Dateien mit dem Keyborad zu selektieren?

Danke und Gruß

Markus[/quote]

What do you mean with "Ansicht"?
Do you mean styles like "Dual Horizontal", "Dual Vertical", "Commander", etc. or view modes like "Power", "List", etc?

I just tried it and in "Power" you are not able to select files/folders with the space bar. Try switching to another view mode.

Regards
xbprm

OK, sorry for German, but my english is´nt very good :confused:

Actualy I work in "Commander" Lister Style and have a List or Detail view of all files (no Powermodus, what every this is).

Now I like to selekt some files like with STRG and left Mouse button, but when I try to select a file with the Spacebar, nothing happends :frowning:

It seems I have to activate this option anywhere?

Regards.

Markus

[quote="Markus"]Actualy I work in "Commander" Lister Style and have a List or Detail view of all files (no Powermodus, what every this is).

Now I like to selekt some files like with STRG and left Mouse button, but when I try to select a file with the Spacebar, nothing happends :frowning:
[/quote]

Just to be sure youa re not in Power mode: Go to View/Ansicht and select Details.

By selecting, do you mean that want to move the highlight with the cursor buttons and then hit space to permanently mark/higlight the file? If so that is not possible.

What you can do is to hold STRG and the move the highlight around. You should see the a box moving around. If you then hit space the new file will be higlighted, too, and so on...

Regards,
xbprm

Hello,

OK, I´ve found the problem.

Yes you are right... STRG and the Spacebar working and I can select my desired files and folders...

No I was´nt in the Powermode... the problem was I just try to select some files in the Desktop directory and ther you can´t select via keyboard.

Anyway... it seems that DOpus handle the Desktop directory in some other way then a normal directory :open_mouth:

Btw... TeraCopy works well now :laughing:

Regards

Markus

Yeah, Desktop is handled differently. You search for it in the forum using "Desktop" and "Desktopdir" as keywords.

B(y) T(he) W(ay) = "Übrigens": Welcome to the DOpus world. If you spent some time and do not give it too early you will love it :wink:

If you're more comfortable talking in German there's always the Haage & Partner forums : haage-partner.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=29