Select files in lister2 based on files in lister1?

Is there some way to select files in lister2 based on files in lister1?

For example, I would like to select all files in lister2 that matches the files in lister2.
Matching could be done based on name alone, size alone or size and name.
Options would include searching subfolders.

You can use:

Select SOURCETODEST

Of course, you have to select the files in the source lister first though.

You can include sub-folders using the Select SOURCETODEST method in Steve's post, by also using Flat-View. However, it will only select the first item with a matching filename. If you have lots of items with that name in different directories below the destination folder, it'll only select one of them.

Select SOURCETODEST works on filenames only. It won't match by size.

The Find Duplicates tool in Opus might be what you want. You can give it two folders to search and it'll report back all duplicate files based on name, name + size, MD5 hashes, etc. That will also find duplicates that only exist in either side, though.

There's no way to find duplicates by size alone, but I guess you could do that manually by finding all items in both folders and then sorting the results by size.

[quote="steve"]You can use:

Select SOURCETODEST

Of course, you have to select the files in the source lister first though.[/quote]
Thank you, but maybe I should have been clearer.
I don't in advance know which files to select. My question above was not well formulated;
What I guess that I would need is something like a dupecheck between the two listers. However, the results should simply select the matching files in the two listers.

p.s. I seriously tried to flip away your fly on the screen.....

You'd select all the files on one side and then see which ones are selected in the other side afterwards. No need to think about which files to select.

You could make the button do the select-all for you. You can also make the button highlight the filenames on both sides which exist on the other, like this:

Select ALL Select SOURCETODEST DESELECTNOMATCH Select DESTTOSOURCE DESELECTNOMATCH
(Taken from this thread: Does not exist )