Selecting all except .svn folders and all the files in there

Hi,

I want to syncronice my workfolrder with the webserver. I use subversion to keep track on my source, and it leaves some folders and files in my workfolder. So i want to select all the files except .svn folder and files under it.

But how?

Location nomatch /.svn/ still matches files just under the .svn folder... and empty folders. I tried with regex:
location nomatch ..svn. but no more luck there...

There is a way i know, haven't figured it out yet...

My folder looks like this:

swewox
-.svn
--prop-base
---[a lot of files]
--props
---[a lot of files]
--text-base
---[a lot of files]
--tmp
---prop-base
---props
---[all empty dirs]
--dir-wcprops
--empty-file
--entries
--format
--README.txt
-index.php
-dothis.php
-more.php
-picture.gif
-[and so on, and more dirs with more .svn dirs in them...]

Regards,
Nick

Try this command to hide the SVN folder:

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS svn

or this button which does the same thing plus it selects everything else.

[DOpus.ButtonInfo]
Name=Hide SVN folder
Icon=84,9999999
Flags=2,0,0
Color=0,a0a0a0
Func1=Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS svn
Func2=Select ALL

John

Thanks!

that works (if i add a . to svn) but how to use it as a filter in syncronising?

Niklas

Either of these filters should work:

Name No Match .svn Subfolder No Match Name Match .svnor

Location No Match *\.svn (Use Wildcards) And Location No Match *\.svn\* (Use Wildcards) And Name No Match .svn You could simplify the 2nd one by combining its first two lines into filtering .svn if you you don't mind the risk of filtering out folders which start with .svn (e.g. ".svnmoo").

You could also tighten both up by making the Name NoMatch .svn line in each into a subclause that only applies the Name filter to folders, so that any files called .svn are still copied.

Also, you could get rid of the Name NoMatch .svn line completely if you don't mind .svn directories, but not their contents, being included by the filter. If you use it as a file copy filter then you I think you'd end up with empty .svn directories in that case.

Sorry, but none of the filters are working. They alla did the same: selected all files and folders except the top .svn folder (but the files under...).

I need some more help please...

Niklas

To be honest, I'm not sure why this works, but it seems to exclude the .svn folder and everything in its subfolders when I use the following filter to synchronize a source to destination.

(Also this is my first attempt at attaching a file in this forum, so if all goes awry here I won't be surprised)

John

Well so much for that great idea, the gif I tried to attach was rejected.

Ok, then manually here is the filter I used:

Location NoMatch svn
(Use Wildcards)

John

[quote]Nick wrote:
Sorry, but none of the filters are working. They alla did the same: selected all files and folders except the top .svn folder (but the files under...).

I need some more help please...[/quote]
Hmm, sorry about that. You're right: The Location and Subfolder clauses don't seem to work with the Synchronise tool, nor with the Select command.

They do work with the Find tool and also with the Copy command. So you could make a filter and a button which does

Copy FILTER MyFilter

adding the UPDATEALL or UPDATEEXISTING arguments if you wanted to have an automatic synchronize button. (I have a similar button at work for backing up source-code without copying all the huge binary files under Debug and Release directories.)

If you use the Copy command you can make the filter much more simple since all it needs to do is not match folders called .svn

[quote]
JohnZeman wrote:
Well so much for that great idea, the gif I tried to attach was rejected.

Ok, then manually here is the filter I used:

Location NoMatch svn
(Use Wildcards)

John[/quote]

It's almost doing it all. The only thing that it selects are empty folders under .svn...

Is this not a bug i DirOpus? Should not this line:

Location NoMatch *.svn*

Not select anything that is under a folder called .svn?

The manual says so.

Niklas