Set image as desktop background (error message)

I get this error message when I try to set an image as desktop background. Any ideas how this could happen?

Have you tried doing what the error message suggests ?

Doesn't this option use the explorer set as background function? Jpg > filetype> windows photo viewer. In explorer opens with windows photo viewer in opus opens with opus image viewer? Both have capability to perform this action.

How are you setting it as the background?

Opus has an internal command for doing that which should not depend on any other tools. Buttons for it are in the Thumbnails Toolbar as well as the menus of the Opus viewer and preview pane.

If I view the image in opus image viewer and right click I can set the image as background. No problems here but if I right click on a jpg in opus and right click > set as desktop background I get this error message!

Can you work out which program added the Set as Desktop Background context menu item?

How do I work that out? I think that's just windows. Windows has always had this option in the context menu.

When I right click a .jpg file in the DOpus viewer pane, I also have the option Set as Desktop Wallpaper:

Just noticed that you right click the file in the Lister :wink: : When I right click a .jpg file in the lister, I don't have the Wallpaper option in DOpus.
But When I right click a .jpg file in Windows (Vista) Explorer, I do have a Set as Wallpaper option.

Yes that's what I meant. If you right click on a jpg file in the lister. But how come you don't have the option Set as desktop background. Can anybody else confirm that.

I also found out that if I have an image file on my desktop and I rightclick in opus and set as desktop background it does work.!! That means if it's a directory that explorer handles it does work. Does someone else experience this too. I use currently windows 7 7100

If I right click on an image my first 5 are:

• View in directory opus (opens in opus img viewer)
  • preview (opens in windows photo viewer)
  • edit (opens in ms paint)
  • print (uses windows photo viewer)
  • set as desktop background

When I add a DOpus command to set files as wallpaper to the right click context menu, it does work:

Settings > File Types > Recognized Images > Edit > Context Menu Tab > New >

Properties SETWALLPAPER=menu @nodeselect

But I use Vista (not Windows 7) ...

OK thanks christiaan. I will read the faq/ help on adding entries to context menu and add your command.

[quote="Christiaan"]Just noticed that you right click the file in the Lister :wink: : When I right click a .jpg file in the lister, I don't have the Wallpaper option in DOpus.
But When I right click a .jpg file in Windows (Vista) Explorer, I do have a Set as Wallpaper option.[/quote]

Yeah, for some reason the menu item is hidden in Opus on Vista (which is why I didn't think it was standard as my main machine is Vista) and appears, but doesn't work, in Opus on Windows 7 RC1.

I wish the Windows 7 RTM would hurry up and come out so that we knew which things like this were worth chasing down. :slight_smile: