Set modified date equal to created date?

This is not really a DOpus issue at all, but I'm wondering if there's a solution involving DOpus. A program I use to automatically tag my ripped DVD files likes to update the modified dates on all of the files and folders it touches (even when it hasn't made any changes!). I like to sort this folder by modified date to see newest file first, and this has obviously messed that up somewhat. In DOpus I can work around this by sorting by Created date instead (which is left alone), but windows media center, which I play them back in, does not have an option to sort by created date, only be last modified.

Is it possible to write a script or button in DOpus that would set a file/folder's last modified date equal to its created date? Preferably in a form that could be used on multiple files or folders at a time?

It isn't often that I'll suggest a program other than Opus for file management, however in this case I'm not aware of an Opus only way to do it.

There is a free utility available called the Bulk Rename utility that makes what you want to do a snap (I just tried it and it worked great).

Here's a link to the web site.

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

You could do it in Opus using a rename script, but it'd be a little klunky.

I'll see if we can add explicit support for this in the next update. It should be a trivial change. (If it's not already possible... this seems familiar now that I think of it... anyway, will update this thread once I look at this more closely.)

I'd like to see that Leo. It's not very often that I'll have a need to tweak timestamps like this but once in awhile I'll have a situation that calls for it and up until now I've had to use 4NT or a program like the Bulk Rename utility to do it.

It will be great that the RENAME Directory Opus characteristics work similar to bulkrenameutility.co.uk/
This one is very user friendly compared to Directory Opus.
Thanks

This thread is about setting a file's modified date to its created date. You can do that in Opus these days, via the Set Attributes dialog (on the Properties button of the default toolbar).

Renaming only came into things back in 2011 as it was a way to run scripts before Opus had more widespread scripting support. This thread is very old and out of date.

The Rename functionality in Opus has also been changed extensively since 2011.

If you want particular features, please start new threads and ask for them specifically. Linking to another program and saying "make it like this" doesn't tell us what you want at all, and it's possible what you want is already there.