Setting Directory Priority in Find Duplicates Delete mode

I would like to know how to select the directory to leave unchecked in delete mode.

E:\Download
E:\Lastest Version
E:\Others

After finding duplicates in the 3 directories above, I sort by Directories, but the only directories that I can leave unchecked in delete mode (when I click the Select command) is the sorted top directory (ie either E:\Download, or E:\Others) when in fact I want it to be E:\Latest Version.

I have attached two screen shots to show this.

This is only a sample scenario as there may be times when I search for duplicates in many directories.

Ideally, there should be a way for us to prioritize the directories to leave unchecked.

Is there an alternative way to program this as having to manually check the files for deletion is a very laborious process.

Good points. It's a problem also for me.

X.

If you have ideas on how this could work better please discuss them in this existing thread:

Streamlining synchronization and find duplicate files

Keep in mind that the system has to let people select which duplicates to exist when the starting point may be a single folder, or several folders, and when the duplicates may be spread randomly within the starting folder(s) and subfolders.

There is no obvious solution so please submit your ideas.

I'm locking this thread to keep discussion in one place.

[quote="bookman"]E:\Download
E:\Lastest Version
E:\Others[/quote]
For now an easy solution may be to temporarily rename "Latest Version" to "000 Latest Version" or "Zzz Latest Version" to move it to the top or bottom. Delete the dupes, then rename it back.

It's obviously not ideal, but it may get the job done for now.