Settings for File Types not working

Using DO 8.0.1.1 with Windows XP Home SP2.

I am trying to set up file types to colour groups of file types on directory listings. If I select one of the default file type groups (eg Documents) and override default display colours on the advanced tab then it works OK. However, if I add a new group of my own then I cannot get my alternative colours to work. For example, I have set one up for databases and added file types *.mdb and *.dbf but these files remain in the standard colours. The only way to get different colours is to change each file extension individually on the System File Types group. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem in DO?

Seems fine to me with the Images group at least:

Are you viewing a directory which is provided by Explorer rather than Opus (e.g. Desktop)?

If adding the extensions to the group doesn't work when creating a new one, try making the group and then find each type within the System File Types section and add it to the group by using the drop-down in the Group column. (The drop-down only appears when the mouse is over the column, and is only available for filetypes that have extensions.)

Seems like a minor bug... for any pre-defined File Type Group the color settings work fine as is the case with "Images"... but for any user add group it doesn't seem to work... even if you use the Group drop down to add a system file type to the new group and even if the file type isn't part of some other group...

Yeah, looks like you're right. I can't get it to work with a newly created group either. :frowning:

[quote]
nudel wrote:
Yeah, looks like you're right. I can't get it to work with a newly created group either. :frowning:[/quote]

And me - I even donĀ“t succeed in any predefined group neither recognized images nor file type group images accept the override colours ...

best regards
Lothar

Yes this is a bug, it will be fixed in the next version :slight_smile: