Several multimedia preview concerns

Hi,

I have a few question regarding multimedia preview in Directory Opus.

[ul][li]During audio playback, i.e. mp3, can Directory Opus display Windows Media Player's visualizations?

[/li]
[li]What are the requirements for playing certain video formats like Flash or Matroska? I have activated Movie plugin but those formats are still not previewed. Directory Opus only decodes formats supported by WMP by default.

On the other hand, I have Zoom Player installed and with correct DirectShow filters available, it plays any formats very well. Can Directory Opus make use of Zoom Player's path for previewing?[/li][/ul]

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

(Please ask one question per thread.)

Not as far as I know, unless there is a way to make WMP uses its visualisations in either its preview handler or its ActiveX control (both of which Opus can use in the viewer pane). As far as I can tell, WMP keeps the visualisations to itself.

Please see the FAQs, specifically: Enable/fix playback of various media formats in Opus -- Enable playback of MOV, MKV, FLV movies/videos, MP3 audio, etc.

To play nearly all file formats with WMP (also Matroska and Flash, but lots more) I recommend using "K-Lite Codec Pack" - using it for years w/o problems and runs fine on x86 and x64 sys (don't need to use additional x64 package).

You do need 64-bit codecs for Opus if you're on a 64-bit machine.

Only have K-Lite 32-Bit installed on x64 and until now all vid-formats could be played using WMP out- and inside of DO, so I don't know.