Show Favorites in Lister

I'm moving away from the tree view, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the lister display the favorites in a lister pane (i.e. where my files are displayed) rather than in the folder tree pane.

I'd like it to load this way on startup every time. It's not a big deal to select the favorite from the menu, but it'd be great if they just loaded up in the first lister I see each time I open DOpus.

The Favorites menu is the usual way to access favorites if you aren't using the tree (or even if you are, to be honest).

You can show the Favorites list in the folder tree, on toolbars, and in menus, but not in the file display itself. (Although we might add that one day.)

If you use the Windows Quick Access folder instead of favorites, that can be displayed in the file display (as well as all the other places), although it's not quite as easy to manage and doesn't allow for branches. On the plus side, it is shared by other parts of Windows, so you can use the same list in File Open dialogs, and so on.

OK understood. I'll def consider configuring the Windows Quick Access to match the favorites in DOpus.

Oh this is very handy! Thanks, Steve-

I took a look at the script and it looks like you've create a "COLL" (collection?) for the favorites and then displaying them in the lister, no?

Is there a way that I can make the order of the collection match the order that I have them displayed in the favorites menu? It looks like right now they are sorted by name.

Also is there a way to make this button run on DOpus startup?

The script creates a collection as you suggested. The lister settings determine the order of the collection items displayed. There's no way to actually display the favourites in the lister in the same way that they are displayed in menus/toolbars etc.

I'm not in front of a Windows computer at the moment so I can't experiment with getting the script to run at startup.

You could turn the script into

• a user command and run it via Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup / Run a command or
  • a script add-in using OnStartup or OnOpenLister.