Show folder-specific toolbar next to Operations toolbar

Hi, is there a way to specify that a folder-specific toolbar is always shown next to an existing one —the Operations toolbar is one that is always shown in my Listers— as long as it fits in the available free space, rather than in its own row?

I think you can do that by saving the toolbar arrangement you want as a Toolbar Set (in the menus, Settings > Toolbars > Toolbar Sets) and then specifying that set (instead of the individual toolbar) as the one the format should use.

Thank you, I didn't know toolbar sets could be applied to folder formats and that is useful in some situations, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Toolbar sets place toolbars in fixed positions and this means they are partially — or completely — collapsed when there is not enough screen space in a Lister to display them. What I would like is for one dynamic toolbar to appear next to another or separately depending on whether or not there is enough space to fit them all together, that is, some kind of dynamic behavior.

The only way to do that would be via scripting.

Ok, I'm interested.

Does this mean there is a way to run a script automatically whenever a Lister/File display shows a specific folder?

Could you point me to some script example that checks if a toolbar — or any UI element — is being shown entirely or is partially collapsed?

Yes, there are scripting events for that, as well as for window resizing.

A list of them is linked here at the top of the page:

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

I'll take a look into it and see what I can do.