Show/hide files with a label in flatview

I'm working with a large directory of images within many subfolders.
I'm working in flatview + thumbnails to see all the files easily, and using labels to set their status.

I have worked out how to search for files with a particular label, but then it's hard to see the locations of the images.

Is there a way in flatview to just simply show/hide files with a label?

Thanks

I don't think there's anything as convenient as a quick filter for this, but you can mimic the effect with the Select command and the FILTERFLAGS argument.

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Select.htm

A linked account is good forum etiquette.

(Linked accounts, sorry I didn't spot that before)

Select doesn't quite do what I'm after.

I have several thousand files. I have labelled some for status, e.g. orange = image needs tidying.
So now I want to display just the files with the orange label, so that I can open and edit those files.

I'd like to see the images in flat view so they are seen on location order and their location is known.

You'd need to define a filter for your "orange" label and set up a button like this:

Select NONE SHOWHIDDEN
Select PATTERN=MyOrangeFilter FILTER FILTERFLAGS=hidenomatch
Select FIRST SETFOCUS

If you use Tools > Find Files to make a list of them, you can sort by the Location or Location (Relative) column to see and order them by folder.

Thanks for you help.

Can I suggest a "show/hide items with labels" feature for a future release? This would be really useful if you are using labels to set their status (e.g. work required). One of the issues with using a filter is that if you set/change a label it dont' dissapear from the current results. Ideally it would be nice identify and work through all the 'orange' items, until the list is complete. I realise you can re-search, but having this instant would be handy, especially when working with thousands of files.

Thanks