Show/hide hidden and system file button

Ok, i know there's a button available on this forum to show/hide the hidden and system files, but i would like a TOGGLE button which does the opposite:

When i first click on it (activating) i would like to show all hidden and system files, and when i click it on again, it should hide them again...

I've tried to script this but without success...

Thanks

Because the Preferences->Folders->Options->Hide protected operating system files (overrides Folder Options settings) option ONLY hides system files and NOT hidden files, I think you should NOT use that option (if you 'are' currently using it...?), and instead define your custom folder format (or the folder format saved in a layout, if you load your listers from a saved layout like I do) so that BOTH hidden and system files are filtered out...

If you do, then the following button command should always toggle the the two attributes filter states the same:

Set HIDEFILTERATTR HS

And like you've asked, the first click of a button running this command will actually UNDO the active folder format hide filter, while the second click will rehide the hidden and system files...

Got it. I'll try.

Thanks a lot.

Ok, it's working BUT like before : I mean when the hidden and system files are hidden the button is active (pushed) ... and ok, it's aesthetic, but i would like the opposite.

Is it possible ?

Um... don't think so, it looks as though the command in the button reflects the state of the lister even if the view was set externally from the button itself (like in this case - by a folder options setting). Sorry - I misunderstood... this tickles something in my memory though... maybe a feature request to defeat this or something? Can't recall...

Ok, too sad. But i can live with it i think :slight_smile: