Show newly created / renamed folder / file?

I like the idea of Automatic sort new and modified files. I hope the following is possible to like it even more.

If there are numerous files / folders, and I rename or create a file / folder, it is automatically sorted. What I would like however, is for the newly created / renamed item to be shown, instead of having to scroll up or down to find it. I know it is highlighted, but as it is inserted in its new position in the list, it may not be in the current view.

I hope someone understand what I'm trying to say.

If you're in a big directory where another program is creating/changing lots of files in the background, wouldn't that make things unusable because the file list would keep jumping around?

Or do you mean only files created or renamed using Opus commands?

Yes. An example: in my folder view is a list of lets say 50 files. The last file is called x, and I rename it c. It disappears from view, and I have to scroll up to find the newly renamed file. What I would like is for the view to display the newly renamed file at its new position in the list.

Yes. An example: in my folder view is a list of lets say 50 files. The last file is called x, and I rename it c. It disappears from view, and I have to scroll up to find the newly renamed file. What I would like is for the view to display the newly renamed file at its new position in the list.[/quote]

this is why i personally don't like the auto sort

it seemed like a good idea at first but later i came to appreciate the explorer way of initially putting new files at the bottom of the list,
and with renamed files they stay where they were until the next sort or refresh
i am glad that DOpus is so flexible as to allow all these preferences

Yes. An example: in my folder view is a list of lets say 50 files. The last file is called x, and I rename it c. It disappears from view, and I have to scroll up to find the newly renamed file. What I would like is for the view to display the newly renamed file at its new position in the list.[/quote]

Makes sense, at least if you're only renaming one file. Remember to send the idea to GPSoftware if you want them to add it to the suggestions list.