{h!} <#FF0000><b>{hi} hidden</b></#> {h!}
{h!} <#008800><b>{hse}</b></#> {h!}
 {sba} / {tba} 
Name: <b>{sel:name}</b>{rpad}
{h!} {ls} {h!}
{fl}
{h!} {df} Free {bg+w=50,f=2,g=3,t=n,c1=#68f040,c2=#f06840}{h!}

...this gets me this actual status bar:

Now I want to show a file hash (the fastest available) of the selected file (but only if ONE single file is selected) after the file size.

How can I do that?

I don't think you can on the status bar. There's no hash option here:

But that would be very useful. Couldn't you implement the feature to show a file hash in the status bar? It would be faster and easier than having to tediously configure the current view to show a file hash column.

You can already display it in a column for one or all files.

It can take several minutes for a large hash to calculate, and status bar settings are global (unless you really go out of your way by using variables to toggle things in them), so I'm not sure it makes sense in the status bar.

It would be faster and easier than having to tediously configure the current view to show a file hash column.

You don't have to configure anything. The column is added automatically when you use the command to calculate hashes, which itself is in the Edit menu.

You don't have to configure anything. The column is added automatically when you use the command to calculate hashes, which itself is in the Edit menu.

For that, I have to switch to the Details view manually (it does not automatically set the Details view).

Then, the Hash column often is out of view and I have to tediously scroll to the Hash column.

It is still cumbersome. Showing the Hash in the status bar would b easy and simple without having to do much manual work.

If you're using List view, you have to switch to Details view to see just about anything beyond filenames; it's not specific to the hash columns. (This is why most people use Details view instead of List view to begin with.)

List view allows you to see more files. (That's why I use Listview, while poor people mostly use Details view).

More files and less information. The choice is yours, but if you want to see things like hashes then List view is a poor choice as it can't display them.

1 Like