Silent install?

is there supprt for that option?

Yes, please see gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/faq.asp?faq=10147.htm for details.

I tried to do this but even following the instructions given in the FAQ, I couldn't get it to work properly.

Jon, I did post at length on this subject in the Registered Users Mailing List but you've obviously overlooked my post again (I tried to do a silent install with V6 without success).

Cheers,

Roy Brown

The instructions in the FAQ are only for version 8.

[quote]
jon wrote:
The instructions in the FAQ are only for version 8.[/quote]

I know that Jon - I am using V8. Perhaps what I should have said was that I also tried it with V6 (before V8 was released) using V6 command line parameters.

If you would care to look down the mailing list to 31 Oct you will see my post regarding my attempts to silently install V8.

Cheers,

Roy Brown

Sorry Roy, I must have missed it. Could you summarise the problem you are having here?

Note that if it's an InstallShield-related issue then you would be better off searching their website for some information, as we don't really have any control over that side of the equation.

[quote]
jon wrote:
Sorry Roy, I must have missed it. Could you summarise the problem you are having here?[/quote]
No worries Jon, I know you and Greg are busy people.

Anyway, I did post a lot of detail in the mailing list but in summary, silent install does not appear to work. I don't know if it's a DOpus problem or an InstallShield problem.

I did a little experimenting. After I extracted the DOpusInstall file, I opened a Command window and ran

"C:\Install\DOpus8\Setup.exe \s \sms" (without the quotes).

Dopus appears to install in that the directories are created and files appear in the "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus" location - and then it all disappears as if it been installed and then immediately uninstalled all in one session.

Incidentally, the instructions in the FAQ say to use DOPInstall.exe /s /sms but whilst this does run OK, it isn't silent and the normal install dialogue box opens looking for input. Interestingly, your example batch file in the FAQ has "setup.exe \s \sms".

BTW, this was all done on a freshly formatted clean install of Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Roy

A silent install query (with details as requested) obviously merits a silent response!

Sorry Roy, I haven't had a chance yet to go to the InstallShield site to search on this problem for you. Maybe you could do it yourself :slight_smile: