Simple Custom Command question

I'm sure this is very basic, but searching hasn't yielded me an answer. I've just started customizing Dopus, and I have made a basic custom command and a menu item that uses it. This all works fine. The issue I have is when my command executes (just a basic command line operation on {s} to launch an app), it brings up a command window (in addition to the app). I'd like to prevent the command window from appearing (I can close it without impacting the launched app). I'm sure there's some checkbox I've missed somewhere or something equally simple, but I can't find it, so I was hoping someone could steer me straight on this :slight_smile:.

Do you have the function type set to "MS-DOS Batch Function" or "Standard Command"? If the former, try changing it to Standard Command. If that makes the app stop working though (i.e. it needs to be run as a command line app), you can try adding @runmode:hide at the top of the function to prevent the DOS window going visible.

1. ! Thanks.

It was set to Standard Command, but adding @runmode:hide did the trick (or a trick anyway :wink:. Thanks!

So, just to necro my own thread (waste not, want not?) ...

I had to rebuild my machine the other week and in so doing I rebuilt this custom command. For some reason, however, it's not quite working. I have it setup as an MS-DOS command as follows...

@runmode:hide
code {s} @admin 

(It starts up visual code). Now for the most part it works, except the {s} part. Rather than starting up on the current active/selected directory, it just reopens the last opened folder (that's its default behavior). From a regular command line one can normally type code "path/to/project" and it will open (a new instance) on the expected folder.
I also verified {s} seems to be expanding to the directory I expected by making another MS-DOS command like this

@runmode:max
echo {s}
pause

Anyone now why this isn't working? I'm sure it's something simple.

Is the @admin meant to be part of the command line for visual code, or is it meant to be the Opus command modifier to run the program as administrator?

If the latter, @admin needs to go before, like so:

@runmode:hide
@admin:code {s}

Ah ha ha ha.. ha.. :confused:

The, uh, latter. The sad part is that even occurred to me right after I posted this, but I thought to myself, "surely I looked up the syntax for that properly when I added it, right?"

I guess not :frowning:

Thanks again for your help! That seems to have solved the problem completely.