Simple Windows 10 Dark Theme

Not currently. The view of the root of a network drives comes from the Windows shell at the moment, and it provides no way to change its colors. (We don't handle it ourselves since the only thing you can do from it is navigate to another folder. We might in the future, just to be able to change the aesthetics.)

1 Like

ok thanks i see. Is it possible to change the color of the field in the red circle ?

I love this dark theme, just tweaking it to perfection ... :wink:

The color of that comes from the Windows theme/visual style.

i see, thanks

regards Nolan

3 posts were split to a new topic: Date sort problem

This is a wonderful theme, but the Find panel (Ctrl+F) is still bright. Any chance to fix the colors here, too?

2 Likes

There is no way to change that at the moment, other than changing the Windows Visual Style.

We're looking into it, but the Windows 10 Dark Mode API is a half-baked and undocumented mess at the moment, so it's quite complicated and will take a while longer.

Glad to hear it! It would be great to have Opus have switch to an "official" dark theme based on Windows settings. But is there a reason why the Find panel isn't currently themable like the rest of Opus? Perhaps this could be easier to implement?

2 Likes

It's because it uses standard Windows controls, not custom ones like the rest of the lister (which we have full control of), and, believe it or not, Microsoft still haven't provided even an undocumented/unsupported way to switch many of the standard controls to dark, let alone a proper API.

Microsoft have only done the handful of controls which they use themselves, and even then the details had to be reverse engineered.

This whole aspect of the OS is ridiculous, especially considering you used to be able to choose arbitrary colors for things back in the 80s and 90s, and now they can't even get a boolean dark/light switch to work properly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

Oh, I believe it. I'm a Windows-based software dev myself.

2 Likes

Hi there! To begin with...I really like this Theme! I just had the impression that a slightly darker dimming would match up even better with my current Win 10 20H2 version so I (a directory opus rookie so please forgive) made a spin-off of tnaseem's nice version!

Perhaps anybody finds it useful...I'm open for comments too :slight_smile:

Windows 10 DarkER Theme tribute 2 tnaseem.dlt (330.8 KB)

2 Likes

Might I suggest you provide a screenshot so people can see what it looks like?

1 Like

here the theme with included iconset (DO9). I didn't know if this should be included (it is similar in size now compared to tnaseem original)?

Windows 10 DarkER Theme tribute 2 tnaseem DO9iconset.dlt (738.5 KB)

9 Likes

How did you get rid of the borders? Talking about these guys:

Edit: Found it. Pane borders - Shadow.

Hi,

How can I change the color which is used when hovering over items/files?

(I want to make it a little bit darker, so I can better see it)

Hi salexes,
You need to switch off the option that derives selection appearance from visual styles. Then you can set any color you want...

@stk_cg A tribute to me! I'm honoured :slight_smile:

Stoked that people are using it. Although, I'm not! I created a new theme to match my various IDEs, Arc Dark Theme, which I've settled on now.

1 Like

I;m sorry, but how to apply theme? =)

See Themes in the manual.