Single click not working all time

i have set opus up properly i think, for only single click.
yet i have to double click over half the time.
its anoying... i dont double click for no one !! ya no what i mean!!.
does anyone have this problem or no what i can do.
running opus 8.
cliff
zeebee1@comcast.net

I'm not aware of any problems with single click, clodhopper - could you be more specific?

hello jon,
ok its like this ,single click only works about half the time.
now it doesnt matter what i click on.it just seems spuratic i never no when im going to have to double click.
so now i have a habbit of double clicking most the time.
i'm a one click clicker!!.....and this drives me nutz.
now also keep in mind i have never had this problem before running opus.
i have read the manual.
(Just go to Preferences - Listers - File Display - Single Click to open an
item ...).
and all that good stuff.
i apreciate your time, i am very new to this program but i have spent a lot of time in it this past couple weeks and it is absolutly amazing.bill gates needs to hire these programers for his new operating system co,,ing up. ya right hu!.
i will wait to here from you.
cliff

[quote]clodhopper wrote:
hello jon,
ok its like this ,single click only works about half the time.
now it doesnt matter what i click on.it just seems spuratic
i never no when im going to have to double click.

(Just go to Preferences - Listers - File Display - Single Click to open an
item ...).
and all that good stuff.
[/quote]
I can verify some of this on my Win 98 SE system.
Windows\Fonts has this anomaly as does Control Panel listings.

The single click works elsewhere, but is somewhat "choppy" on this PIII system.

A faster computer would probably make this almost undetectable.
I'm not currently running XP.
My sister has that has that beautiful homebuilt!

Eschew Obsfucation

Tsunami

Both the Fonts folder and Control Panel are system namespaces (virtual folders), provided by Explorer rather than Opus. So if you want single-click to work in those folders you will need to turn it on through Explorer's own settings as well as in Opus.

The same is true for My Computer, the Desktop, etc - anything that isn't a real disk folder is provided by Explorer.

thanks for the input.
i hate to think i will be stuck in the middle of this anomly.
i'm realy surprised that i seem to be one of the only ones having this problem.
i am now certain i have all settings set right.
my computor is a screamer runs very fast,
so i no that is not even a conciderd problem.
i will keep checking this forum in hopes someone will no what the problem is.
I HAVE TO SAY AGAIN, I NEVER NEW HOW JUVENILE microsoft explorer WAS UNTILL I FIRED UP ( OPUS).

So did you try setting single-click in Explorer as well?

Does the single-click stuff sometimes work and other times not work for the same folder or is it that it works for some folders and not others? (e.g. Only folders like My Computer and Control Panel.)

yes exactly , sometimes single click works for the same
opening of ( what ever ) im opening. & then i can go right back and it will need to be double clicked.
weird hu!.
now about setting up explorer for single click, is that in
control panel (folder options) if so , yes i did that.

Just a note I am experiencing this too on a P4 2.8GHz running XP Pro. About 20% of single clicks don't "take".

all right NeilN :
finaly someone to confirm my situation with single click
randomizing its behavior.
taking advantage of my good nature!!.
trying to turn me into a double clicking double clicking double clicking clicker!.
BUT NOW WHAT TO DO... i contacted tech support , a person by the name of ( Dr Greg Perry) wrote me back and all thow nice concrened message,it was all that i had all ready tried. as you probably have tried.
i told him i believe its a software glitch. but he hasnt had enough complaints about it to be concerned .
in fact no complaints. can you believe that.
BUT WHAT TO DO... hey if you have any suggestions big or small or need tech support link of the dude that wrote me back ,let me no and maybe we can open a door here of intrest.
cliff w
I DONT DOUBLE CLICK FOR NO ONE YOU NO WHAT I MEAN !!

Is anyone else who has single click turned on experiencing this issue?

Yes, I've given up on single-click in DOpus, because of its unreliability. I use single-click everywhere else.

I probably shoudl have reported it. Sorry!

All of a sudden I am having the same problem with Dopus 8.2.2.3. Single click opens folder sporadically. About 50% of the time I have to double click.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 on a fast computer. It used to work fine, and now it does not.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you recently changed your mouse drivers and/or updated Opus?

I don't think there have been any changes to Opus in this area very recently, but if you hadn't upgraded for a while and just did then you may be running some new code. If it's not an update to Opus then something else must have changed, like mouse drivers or mouse configuration.

Also, make sure you're not confusing what happens in Explorer-supplied folders like My Computer with what happens in normal folders that Opus handles by itself. Does it work in one place but not the other? If so which way around is it?

[quote="nudel"]Have you recently changed your mouse drivers and/or updated Opus?

I don't think there have been any changes to Opus in this area very recently, but if you hadn't upgraded for a while and just did then you may be running some new code. If it's not an update to Opus then something else must have changed, like mouse drivers or mouse configuration.

Also, make sure you're not confusing what happens in Explorer-supplied folders like My Computer with what happens in normal folders that Opus handles by itself. Does it work in one place but not the other? If so which way around is it?[/quote]

Mouse Drivers have not changed. I have single click setup in Explorer and it works fine there. The single click does not work about half the time in Details Mode in Opus, but works fine in List Mode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but no change.

I have Dopus installed on my laptop also and it works just fine there. It worked fine on this computer until about a week ago.

It appears from this forum that some others have had the same problem since 2005 with no solutions. I will try a Repair reinstall of Windows XP Pro, SP2 and see what happens.

If anyone has been able to fix this problem, the solution would be much appreicated.

Many thanks,

The Windows repair install did not help.

Does anyone have any ideas?