Single window mode?

Hello,
I have looked through the FAQ for this and also done a search. I did not find an answer by topic in the FAQ and did not seem to be able to phrase search in the search feature of this forum so searching for "single window mode" turned up 700+ results.

What I would like to know is if Opus has an option to set it to single window mode? I find that every time I do something that calls up Explorer I get a new Opus window. For instance, if I click on "Open containing folder" on a file in the search results I get a new Opus window opening, etc.

What I would like is that a a new tab open on the ONE existing window. Thus only ever having ONE window as opposed to multiple ones.
This is much like the Single window mode tab based browsers like Firefox make available (perhaps via a tab extension)

I could not find this option so I thought I would ask.

With thanks,

Jonathan

PHPBB_IMPORT_WARNING CODE_NEAR_LI

[ol][li] Open a single file display lister and customize it to the Lister Style, window size and position, and starting folder you would like to start off with.
[/li]
[li] Save this as a Lister Layout in Preferences - Layout - Saved Layouts - Save As
[/li]
[li] If desired, change all of these ways to open a new lister, to open up this saved Lister Layout:[ul][li] Preferences - Startup - Startup Settings - Open a saved Lister Layout[/li]
[li] Preferences - Double-click - Desktop - Double-click on the Desktop - Open a saved Lister Layout[/li]
[li] Preferences - Double-click - Desktop - Double-click on the Taskbar icon - Open a saved Lister Layout[/li][/ul][/li]
[li] When using a toolbar button, use this command:

Prefs LAYOUT="Your Layout Name Here"[/li][/ol]NOTE: A Lister Style is one type of storage vessel (i.e. a place Opus stores a specific collection of lister window elements), and a saved Lister Layout is a separate type of storage vessel. If you create a Lister Layout, based upon a Lister Style, the Lister Style itself is not saved inside the Lister Layout--rather the same combination of Lister window elements are saved. Thus, if you later edit your Lister Style, you must also edit (i.e. re-save) the Lister Layout based upon it, if you want both of them to always use the same combination of lister elements.

My advice is to play around with Lister Styles until you have one just the way you want, (re)create a saved Lister Layout based upon your Lister Style, then assign it to all of the places to open a new lister.

At the moment there isn't a good way to make folders launched by external programs open new tabs in an existing Opus window. A few people have asked for this so hopefully it'll be implemented in a future version.

If you want to try some of the imperfect existing solutions, have a look at these two threads:

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=firefox
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=firefox