Slow response on all listers

You could use Autoruns and disable the driver from the Drivers tab. Also put Process Explorer (from the same author) into your System path so that you can monitor from Autoruns (right-click on the driver) which app is calling this driver.

Yoyr suggestion is great, but if you disable a Filter Driver by this way only, you'll get BSOD as pcnghana got when he disabled an cronis driver.

So, pcnghana, once you find the driver and disable it like Kaminari suggested, DO NOT reboot your system, but got o the following reg keys

[code]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}[/code]
You'll find under each key a vlaue named UpperFilters in the right pane, double-click to find a list of drivers one of them named HpStore, delete it.

PS: if you're unable to find the driver using AutoRuns, go to the following reg key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HpStore

You'll find a value named Start in the right pane, double-click it, and change the value to 4
Then, reboot your system.

By taking into account the time it takes the OP to respond to the suggestions the community provides here, and by noticing that the problem the user has is totally unrelated to opus, and user's insistence on reopnening the thread, I suggest the admins locking this thread (the user is seeking technical support to his PC not to opus).

I myself aren't going to take part in this thread.

Fair enough Wolfdale! I think you've already done a good job with all the suggestions; plenty of things I would not have thought of checking.

If I were having the problem with my PC I think I'd, at this point, try backing up my current system and reinstalling Windows. (That might not fix it but it could work and only takes a few hours to try, rather than days and days, and if it doesn't work you can restore the backup and get back to where you were.)

Thanks nudel, it's kind of you. Actually, you're the one who's doing excellent job here helping others.

[quote="nudel"]
If I were having the problem with my PC I think I'd, at this point, try backing up my current system and reinstalling Windows. (That might not fix it but it could work and only takes a few hours to try, rather than days and days, and if it doesn't work you can restore the backup and get back to where you were.)[/quote]
Yes, however I respected his apparent desire not start from scratch, but he made me feel as if I were more carefull about his problem than himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me thinks I have found the culprit, however I’m not sure why but I will endeavor to go elsewhere to dig. It seems I have overstayed my welcome here.

I traced the problem to the software that came with the Ncomputing device (a multi-user thin client). What has me befuddled is the fact that I was having this difficulty before I installed the L-100 device and associated software. But now, whenever I turn it off (or as when I traced the issued following W0lfdale’s suggestions) the slowness disappears. I turn the software back on and the problem reappears. What turned me on to this issue was when I adjusted the registry as W0lfdale suggested, the problem went away, but the L-100 failed to function.

I subsequently uninstalled the software, yet the issue came back. I reinstalled the software and turned it off and the problem went away. There has to be some reason for this phenomenon that involves a shared resource, driver, or something. (probably betrayed my Windows ignorance there)

BTW, nudel, I did a clean Windows install on another partition and only loaded DO9 to verify it wasn’t a hardware issue. DO9 worked like a champ!

W0lfdale, I’m sorry you feel I neglected this post and that I was “seeking technical support to his PC not to opus”. Living in Africa posts its own unique problems that are time consuming and schedule crushing. My long absences from the forum were in part due to our persistent electrical outages caused by a lack of rain in the Akosombo Dam. That, and a ton of paperwork required by the University of Wales!

The issue indeed involved DO9 and it seems to not work well with Ncomputing’s devices, something I think is good to know. Also, depending on what I find out with Ncomputing on this issue there may be ramifications to other software that supports multiple user environments using WOIP.

Thank you all for your suggestions but as I said at the beginning of this post, I feel I’ve worn my welcome out here. Blessings to you all.