Small bugs & suggestion

Hi,
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: First, v12 is so amazing. I thought the transition would be a hassle. It's been a pleasure!! I could go on but you know.

Folder Options (and this applies elsewhere with same dialog) - when working with the up and down arrows to reposition items in the list, focus remains at the same location after moving the item up or down. So if you want to move an item several steps you keep having to place focus on it in order to move it. The focus needs to follow the moved item.

Find panel - create the panel with sufficient height so the scroll bar is invisible. It's too short right now so the bottom of the panel is not visible.

Find panel - "Show results in" - if I understand this correctly, results are shown in Destination regardless of the choice made here.

Displaying drive letter on tab label - "C:" makes sense if the tab is showing the root of a drive. But if it's a folder, may I suggest minimal clutter and just using the drive letter such as "(C) Program Files" or "C-Program Files" or "C:Program Files". It's a tiny amount of space so less clutter is cleaner looking IMHO.

Question: If I click on a panel's padlock and switch to another tab on the same panel, is the padlock expected to remain locked as I switch from one tab to another? If I understand the intent correctly (which may be too much assumption), I expected the padlock to switch to unlocked when I switched to another tab.

Keep up the unbelievable work and can't wait to see what's coming next. Have a Great Day! :smiley:

Glad you're liking Opus 12 so far!

We'll fix that.

Could you post a screenshot of what you see? It seems OK here but I may not be doing the right thing.

It opens where the drop-down tells it to open. Mine is set to "source" and that's where it opens here.

If you already have a tab in the same window which is showing the results collection, then the drop-down is ignored and Opus will switch to that tab to avoid creating a duplicate tab. Maybe that's what's happening?

The Tab-Labelizer script add-in might be what you're looking for if you want to customize how the tab labels look beyond the basic Prefs options.

Yes, Format Lock applies to the whole side of the lister (or the whole lister if it's in single display mode), not just the active tab.

"Show results in" is working as expected now. I don't know...brain doesn't always function properly late at night and when tired. Looks good.

Find panel...FYI, I use dual display virtually exclusively. So I just type Ctrl-F and what I see is shown in the attachment, the Find Panel is mostly visible but the frame height isn't quite large enough to see it in its entirety. That's all I'm doing.

I'll check out the Tab-Labelizer script add-in. Thank you so much.

I'm confused:

"create the panel with sufficient height so the scroll bar is invisible"

But in the screenshot the scrollbar is visible, and it looks like the panel just needs to be dragged up a bit to make it taller (which will make the scrollbar invisible).

Leo,

When I open V12 and click the find, the window opens at the bottom but most of the window is hidden and you need to scroll down to see the whole set of Find options. I can drag the Find window up so the entire find window is visible. Dopus remembers this new size. But if I exit Dopus and then restart, the Find window is back to its smaller size.

Use Settings > Set as Default Lister after changing the size.

If you use layouts, you may need to re-save them as well.

I did as suggested and now the new Find box size IS remembered when exiting Dopus. Thank you.

I watch your video (several times now) and try to follow along looking at and trying some of the new features that are of interest to me. I had noticed the Find issue but did not mention it until reading this thread. I had also noticed the issue with the UP move not retaining focus but was not sure if it was that way in version 11 so did not mention it. So far I am liking and have started to use some of the new features. As Jon had mentioned recently (after watching the video) it is amazing how many new features were included in the 12th version of an already featured loaded program. Gold stars to all involved.

[quote="Drac144"]Leo,

When I open V12 and click the find, the window opens at the bottom but most of the window is hidden and you need to scroll down to see the whole set of Find options. I can drag the Find window up so the entire find window is visible. Dopus remembers this new size. But if I exit Dopus and then restart, the Find window is back to its smaller size.[/quote]
Like he said ^ :blush:

Sorry for the confusion.

It's simply about creating the frame/panel for Find with sufficient height so it does NOT need the scroll bar. I would gently, appreciatively and respectfully push for the fix so users don't have to adjust and save listers for the fix. (my background is programming so I'm a bit anal about fix so users don't have to bother...programmers worse than users :laughing: )

I've used the release of v12 as an excuse to dive deeper into DOpus, clean things up and give scripting a try. It's been fun!!

Again thanks for the AMAZING work!!

I don't think anything needs fixing in the code. You can fix the Find panel size stored in your config already:

Use Settings > Set as Default Lister after changing the size.

If you use layouts, you may need to re-save them as well.