Small feature request

Hello all,

Currently I am evaluating DOpus and it feels like a really great filemanager; no serious problems so far. However, I'd like to have one feature I remember from Amiga days and which was present in DiskMaster. I'm talking of easy, mouse only way to open directory listing from one lister into another (AFAIK currently you have to hold CTRL key to accomplish the task). Now in DiskMaster there was a nice trick where you had to click a LMB on any directory or drive entry and then - within a doubleclick treshold - click LMB somewhere in the second lister to get the selected directory listing there. Very useful. What do you think about implementing similar functionality in Opus?

You can do this sort of thing by going to Settings, File Types... in the default menus, then editing the All Folders type at the top. On the Events tab you can define what happens for various mouse events.

For example, I've got my Opus set to run go openindual on the mdblclk (middle mouse button double-click) event.

Thanks for a quick reply.

Yes there are some mouse events you can choose from but not exactly the one I meant. Or so it seems.

[quote]
For example, I've got my Opus set to run go openindual on the mdblclk (middle mouse button double-click) event.[/quote]

That would do the trick as currently my mdblclk event is unbound but somehow I can't make it work! All I get doing MMB doubleclick is activating rename gadget. Do I need to set some other option somewhere? I'd like to left sigle MMB=rename as it is. Thanks for your time.

[quote]
Now in DiskMaster there was a nice trick where you had to click a LMB on any directory or drive entry and then - within a doubleclick treshold - click LMB somewhere in the second lister to get the selected directory listing there.[/quote]

That wasn't DiskMaster :slight_smile:

[quote]
I can't make it work! All I get doing MMB doubleclick is activating rename gadget.[/quote]

In Power Mode (which I assume you're using, given your apparent propensity for living in the early 1990s :slight_smile: ), MMB is set to inline rename by default. You can change this from Preferences - Listers - Power/Details Mode. You'll need to set it to one of the "select" options to have double-click work on the middle mouse button.

Yes it was! Mind you - I still have a real Amiga around. :slight_smile:

Sure. Power Mode was the first thing I turned on. Couldn't live without it. :slight_smile:

[quote]
MMB is set to inline rename by default. You can change this from Preferences - Listers - Power/Details Mode. You'll need to set it to one of the "select" options to have double-click work on the middle mouse button.[/quote]

That's what I was afaid of - either inline rename or mdblclk. :frowning: I'd like to have both. Anyway - works now, thank you! But still - is my original request implementable in future versions? I think it could be useful to all DOpus fans, not only such old-fashioned nerds like me. :wink:

How about a "Open here" entry in the right-click drag drop down menu (currently contains: copy here, (move here), create shortcut here and cancel)?

This dialog is not in the customize->context menus dialog. Where is it located? Somewhere in filetypes?

adding Go OPENINDEST FROMSEL to the filetypes -> all folders -> context menu works fine

Don't forget you can also make a toolbar button or hotkey to do this, as always, in addition to mouse events and context/drag-and-drop menus.