Some recent inconveniences with filter bar

I use dot as an activation key for filter bar. I got used to hit ESC when I filter files and then find out that there is no file I'm looking for and expect DOpus to clear filter bar field and hide filter bar itself.
Now I'm using 10.0.3.0 and hitting ESC when filter bar field is focused only clears field but the bar doesn't disappear and focus is locked in this bar so I can't use keyboard to navigate.
Hitting Enter in filter bar field also doesn't set focus to lister as it did in previous versions.

Is there any way to bring it back as it was or is there a better way to make filter bar usable?

I just found out that my issue is related to Listary that I have recently installed. When I closed it, DOpus started to work normally. I wonder if there's something I can do to workaround this.

If the problem definitely seems linked to Listary then you should report it to the Listary developer for investigation.

All Opus should really be doing when you push Esc is changing which window has the keyboard focus. Maybe Listary is unintentionally blocking that change, or maybe it's intercepting and swallowing the keypress for some reason.

(We can give the Listary developer an Opus licence if needed for testing.)

It seems that it's not Listary issue, though.

How to reproduce this error:

1. Go to some file system folder.
  2. Hit "search" shortcut (configured in find as you type -> search), for me it's comma. Type in a phrase. Hit Enter. Popup bar at bottom disappears.
  3. (You can skip this step) Do UP BACK or change directory (or just do nothing).
  4. Hit filter bar activation key (for me it's dot). You can type in something to filter but it's not necessary.

Now you can't focus file list by pressing Enter nor ESC. In addition, sometimes hitting ESC does not clear filter field (eg. I filtered "lemonade", then hit ESC which resulted in filter field change to "lemo" and text cursor going to position 0 of filter field (I mean: "[text cursor]lemo").

Confirmed. Definitely nothing to do with Listary as I don't have it on this machine.

We'll look into it. Thanks for the repro steps!

The filter bar could definitely use a more explicit way to close it ... I have to postion my cursor into the filter filed on my path bar to make it disappear, it seems.

This bug aside, it already provides several ways to clear it. What do you have in mind? You can probably already make it happen...