Sort by file type

Is this file type just an extension?

I downloaded a lot of material directories, many pictures, extensions JPG, png, raw and so on. A lot of videos, extensions AVI, MP4, mov and so on.

I sort by file type through flat view and want to select all videos and delete. But the videos and pictures are sorted by extension, they are cross-displayed. If they are sorted first by grp:video, second by extension, and third by file name, the video files can be displayed together. I can easily select all videos without using filter.

This is probably what you want:

1 Like

Thanks Leo, your reply exceeds the speed of light.

1. This script runs perfectly fine without any stutters.
  2. The AVI file is still not displayed with other video files. If group mode, each extension is displayed as a group.

I ran the script and sorted by Opus's default type, and couldn't get the correct result. After running Set GROUPBY="scp:Kind Columns/Kind", the result is correct, but the speed is very slow and slower than converting to flat view. My directory contains 10,000 pictures and videos.

It would be nice if the default type was a type group.

Filter is the simplest and fastest.

If you're still grouping by extension then nothing will change. You need to group by file type group (or Kind).

Try File Type Group instead of Kind. The Kind column requires lots of calls into the Windows shell, while the File Type Group is an Opus concept which Opus can calculate itself.

File Type and File Type Group are two different things. (And one Type may be in multiple Groups, too.) If you want one or the other, use the column which shows the one you want.

1 Like

I found it. Need to re-adjust the column.

You are right, I see.

Thanks Leo, I can discover new features of Opus every day.