Sort Sticking

Before upgrading to v9, I could change the sorting of a folder, and then when I changed to a different folder, it would revert back to my preferred normal sorting. I have tried everything I can find, but I cannot seem to get this working now. I am using Windows Vista x64, if that matters. My preferred sorting is by name, but I change to by date as needed. Thank you for any help.

As far as I know the way this works did not change from Opus 8 to Opus 9.

The rules for when the sort-order (and other settings) get reset in this case should be as described in the Changes to the Default Formats section of the Folder Formats FAQ.

I'm not sure I understand. I just want it to work the same was as it did with 8, and I couldn't find anything on the page you mentioned to help with that...

It does work the same as Opus 8.

When you are changing folders now it must be triggering a different format to be loaded which resets the sort order. I don't think it is Opus that has changed, but the folders (or the files in the folders, if you have Content Type formats enabled) which have changed.

:confused: I tried all sorts of changes related to this with no luck so far. I have also tried with content types detection disabled. Let me know if you have any specific ideas. Thanks much.

Having the same issues. I have moved from v8 to v9 and now have issues sorting folders by size.

I used to use v8 to monitor folder sizes on the home drives of the work network. Now when I click on the size column heading the folders do not sort into size order.

Please help! :confused:

Could you show a screenshot of the folder you're in when sorted, then the next folder after double-clicking?

[quote="secman"]Having the same issues. I have moved from v8 to v9 and now have issues sorting folders by size.

I used to use v8 to monitor folder sizes on the home drives of the work network. Now when I click on the size column heading the folders do not sort into size order.

Please help! :confused:[/quote]
That sounds like a different problem, if you're saying that the folders don't sort right after you click. Do the folders have their sizes calculated? Have you turned on the option in Opus 9 which forces folders to always be sorted alphabetically? Maybe a screenshot of this will reveal what's happening too.

i prefer all my folders to 'sort by' 'modified'. that way the files i'm working on, or have just downloaded appear at the top of the list. i can find no way to set this as the default 'sort by' for a folder.

If you select the sorting method you prefer (date, name, etc.) then enter Folder Options and save that layout for all folders.

Then when you start a new lister or change folder that sorting method will always be enabled even if you manually change the sorting first and then change folder... Right?

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. Very nice of you to reply so quickly!

Nobody reads the FAQs. :frowning:

Just cause we read the faqs doesn't mean we're smart enough to understand them..

:blush: :laughing: