Sorting ignoring articles only works in filename column?

Hi!

I'm trying to sort the files inside a folder ignoring articles (The, A, An....) but it only works for hte "Filename" column. The files I'm trying to sort ignoring the articles are music files, and I would like to sort, for instance, the "Title" or the "Artist" columns ignoring the articles, so "The Beatles" would appear at first on the "B", and not at last on the "T". But it doesn't work, the "ignoring articles" feature only seems to work for the "Filename" column.

Is there any way to use the "ignore articles" feature for other columns apart from the "Filename" column?

Thanks!

That option only applies to the filename column.

You could make a script column which shows and/or sorts by the music artist name while ignoring articles. Should be fairly simple, if you know a bit of scripting. If you don't, we might be able to help next week if there's time between things.

Thank you for the quick answer.

Sadly, I don't know nothing about scripting, so if you could do it for me next week, I would appreciate very much your kindness.

Thanks in advance!

Here you go:

1 Like

WOW!

Thank you for your help, this is way beyond my expectations, the script comes even with a tutorial. You're very kind, I'm amazed by the useful features I'm discovering while I'm learning how to use Directory Opus, but with help like yours I can guarantee you that, as long as I can afford it, your software will have in me a long time buyer.

So thank you again!!!

By the way, one little question. Is it normal that these new columns created with this script doesn't refresh when I change the properties of the files? I have seen that the script works perfectly (even I added some to-ignore spanish articles to your script, hope that you don't mind), but when I change the title of the music file, or the artist, for instance, Opus doesn't refresh that changes and I have to press F5 and then the changes show up.
It's a little issue, just asking to know if its a normal behaviour, but I don't mind to press F5 from time to time when I'm working with these files.

Again, thank you for your help!!!

2 Likes

I overlooked that, but I've updated the script so the columns should auto-refresh when files change. New version is in the Music tags sorted without articles thread.

No problem! It seemed like it might be useful for a few people and it serves as a nice, compact example of how to do a few things.

Thank you again. The new version of the script works fine.

Amazing job!!!

1 Like