Source Code Viewer Plugin (32-bit only)

is there an alternalte download source.
The forum jdnet.co.uk/forum/index.php is currently down and I'd like to try the plugin.

Hope you didn't lose anything Jamie. :frowning:

Binkle, and anyone else after the download while Jamie's forum is down:

Here are the SCV viewer archives that I have. I think they're the latest versions but I may be incorrect. I'm using the Beta one (which is newer) myself.

<< Old/broken links removed. 22/Mar/2012 >>

Thanks Nudel,

I am hoping to spend some time this weekend getting it back online but in the meantime those versions will do binkle fine.

Hi,

the following belongs to the beta version.

I don't know what does it is. I got always the error "FAILED TO LOAD SCINTILLA DLL -..." (see screenshot).

I already downloaded scintilla and compiled it and saw, that the description on thescintilla download page was wrong: "However, it is included in the SciTE executable full download as SciLexer.DLL". That's not true! After compiling I got to different files where SciLexer.dll was about two times big as the scintilla.dll, and both different from SciTE. :frowning:

I copied the both DLLs to the System32 directory, I copied them into the dopus directory and I copied them into the Viewers subdirectory beneath the dopus directory.

But nothing helps! :frowning:

Is there anybody who hat another suggestion how to solve my problem?

--
Asking greetings

Reiner

Hi,

There are only two reasons why it couldn't laod the .dll:

1. It couldn't find it
  2. It found the DLL but it was missing a dependancy.

I suspect #2. Does SciTE executable work on your machine?

You must set the correct path to SciTe in SourceCodeViewer.xml which is in the same directory as SourceCodeViewer.dll.

Hi,

@RhinoBanga: SciTE runs without problems. :slight_smile:

@Nosh: There is no SourceCodeViewer.xml in the Viewers directory!

--
Searching greetings

Reiner

Did you read the installation instructions properly?

It says:

1. Copy SourceCodeViewer.* to the Viewers subdirectory in your Directory Opus installation folder.

If there's no .XML you didn't do the above.

Hi RingoBanga,

the SourceCodeViewer came as a Setup.exe file. If it just copies the dll and creates a StartMenu entry...

So I downloaded the 1.2 version ZIP file and copied it into the Viewer directory and - it runs. :slight_smile: No need to configure the path to the DLLs in the config file. :wink:

Happy greetings

Reiner

Hello RhinoBanga,

you are the developer of SourceCodeViewer, right? Are you still working on it, because there are no new versions after the beta 2?

What I'm missing is unicode file name support and registry files which contain unicode text are shown as empty files.

May I get the source code?

Hi RhingoBanga,

almost one year ago you answered this to the question if it is possible in future that the PASTE will paste into the Find dialog and not into the source code... It still not works. :wink:

--
Hinting greetings

Reiner

That's what made me leave the plugin disabled most of the time. As well as registry files I have a program that writes Unicode log files and it became too annoying to keep manually changing plugins.

If adding unicode file support to SCV is a pain then an alternative is to reject unicode files so that other plugins get a chance to view them, which would mean the text plugin would step in and show the files (read-only, of course).

The code does support unicode, everything internally uses CString objects/_T macro's etc. IIRC at the time there was an issue interfacing with SciTE howvere it was a long time ago and I can't fully remember.

If I get a chance in the next day or so I'll compile the code and take another look.

Is there a way to set SciTE-specific properties? In particular, I'd like to set code.page=65001 (this is UTF-8), so my non-English files aren't garbled :slight_smile:

:question: Are there any plans to develop a 64-bit version of this plugin?

daniels has the following problem, which I'm pasting here in case Jamie is still subscribed to the topic:

Hello,

I have a roblem with the latest Version of DOpus and Source Code Viewer.

If you copy a text with CTRL-C and then open a Search Dialog inside the Soruce Code Viewer with CTRL-F and then try to insert this text in the Search dialog with CTRL-V, the text don't appear in the Dialog it will be pasted inside the text on the last position of the cursor.

Thanks
Lars

I don't know what I did wrong. But the viewer is not coloring any text. When I right-click on the preview and select 'Text Plugin', then About, it says I am using the text.dll. Is that correct? That is the default plugin from DOpus isn't it?

I am not using the beta, just the original one. I closed DOpus, copied the Scintilla.DLL and SciLexer.DLL to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.
Then I copied SourceCodeViewer.* to the Viewers subdirectory in your Directory Opus installation folder. When I run DOpus, it doesn't work.

I get no errors. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks,
Snacko

text.dll is the build-in plugin, correct.

Does Source Code Viewer appear in the list of plugins in Preferences?

FWIW the beta version seemed better to me but they both worked.

I don't see it in the list. Here's my list:

I decided not to try the Beta because I read that it required some extra stuff to be installed. I have not really looked into it very deeply yet.

Snacko

PS:
I have closed DOpus, and also ended the process for dopusrt.exe. Maybe I need to reboot??

No need to kill dopusrt.exe or reboot. I suspect the plugin DLL isn't finding something it needs if it isn't appearing in the list at all. There's a tool called Dependency Walker which may be able to tell you.