Start only one instance of Dopus

Hello,

is it possible to start only one instance of Dopus?
I found the option to do this via the info panel Icon, but when I press several times on my pined Taskabr Icon of Dopus, every time I get a new instance of Dopus and the existing will not used.

Btw. what could be the problem if Dopus need long time to start the first time? (approximately 10-15 Sec. on a SSD drive)

Thanks for any hint.

gieri

There's an option in -> settings -> launching Opus -> double click on the taskbar icon -> close existing listers, to close other instances. The start delay thing could be related to Windowses "prefetch" option, which is maybe turned off, or any other special setting outside of Opus.

Hello abr,

thanks for your help.
Regrettably this seems to be work only with one screen. If you have two screens und you move dopus to the second one, the Taskbar icon tunrs into blue and when I press the taskbar icon on the first screen (the yellow one) once, another intance will open on the second screen with another blue icon.

Any hack for this?

Cheers
gieri

There is always only one instance of Opus running at once, but if you want to keep it so there is also only one window, this FAQ should have all you need:

Always re-use a single window instead of opening new windows

Hello Leo,

I have all these tried out, but when the Dopus Window is on the second screen and you click the taskbar icon on the first screen, allways an new dopus window will add to the second screen.

All your suggestions are working only on singel screen respectively on that screen where the yellow taskbar icon is based.

What is the different between the yellow and the blue Taskbar icon?

Cheers

gieri

Try unpinning the taskbar icon, then re-pinning it. Windows may be confused.

Hello Leo,

when Dopus is pinned, the icon switch from blue to yellow and when you move the dopus window to the second screen, the pinned yellow icon will open always new dopus windows.
The wished behavior works only when "now icon is pinned".
So when a pinned Icon allways starts new dopus windows, the only solution for me is to set the described hotkey Win+E, for example and don't start Dopus with pinned yellow icon.

Cheers

gieri

Which version of Windows are you using?

Is it the standard taskbar?

Hello Leo,

I have windows 8.1 with Dopus 11.13.3. x64. I use the standard taskbar for mulible screens which means that each screen has a Taskabr which show the runing windows on it.

Hello Leo,

it seems I´ve solved the problem since I select the option "Main Taskbar and Taskabar with open Program" in the options of the Taskbar.

Now I can pin the dopus icon to the taskabr on screen 1 and no additional program starts when I click on it again.

cheers
gieri

You can probably get what you want by doing this:

[ul][li]Right-click Opus on the taskbar to open the jump list, then right-click Directory Opus near the bottom and choose Properties.[/li]
[li]Change the Target to "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER NEW[/li][/ul]

Note that the exe name is different to normal (dopusrt.exe instead of dopus.exe) in addition to the arguments added to the end.

OK, thank you. This works good too.

Cheers
gieri