Start tabs in a separate process

Hi,
it has often happened to me that a Dopus window - in which I have opened several tabs (e.g. 10 tabs) - simply "froze"/crashed, i.e. I could click NOTHING MORE in this Dopus window with the numerous opened tabs (and also could not click the numerous opened address lines and copy them into a new DOPUS window and open them again).
Of course I can then quit or kill Dopus and restart it. - But my problem is that I can't remember the folder addresses of all previously opened - sometimes more than 10 - tabs (especially if I have opened the window with the numerous tabs for several days and edit files from it).
My (very urgent) suggestion for a Dopus update therefore:
==> Integration and setting option in options that EVERY Dopus tab is started in a SEPARATE Win process. - Because if a register tab then once crashes one can usually still remember the folder address of THIS (last opened) register tab, i.e. end/kill the frozen/crashed WIN Dopus register process, restart it and go back to the folder address one remembers.
Thanks in advance for thoughts on this and hopefully an implementation (this will save not only nerves but also time if the worst happens).
Cheers

Not feasible. The tabs all talk to each other and use global state too much.

Moving third party stuff into separate processes is something we're working on more and more, however. That's usually what crashes and freezes, not Opus itself.

If you have crash/freeze issues, send us the snapshots and we can tell you what caused them. It is not normal for them to happen (other than temporary pauses if you're accessing network servers that don't exist, but that only affects one window not the whole process, and is temporary, and easy to avoid).

... but that's a pity (because you can even open WIN Explorer windows in separate WIN processes, if you set this under options and also e.g. in Firefox for every single opened tab automatically a separate WIN process is started) ... but what do you mean with 'scnaphot' exactly, is there somewhere a log of Dopus, which I can send (my data folders, which I open with Dopus, are mainly in the network)?

Look in the FAQs. The menu at the top of every page on the site.

I got your WeTransfer email but I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the snapshot you sent. At first glance, it seems to be a manually-generated snapshot of a normal situation where one of the windows is in the process of changing folders.

• Manually generated snapshots are useful for things like freezes, slowdowns, or high CPU usage where the process doesn't actually crash. They need to be made while the problem is happening, and more than one needs to be made, as per the instructions.

• Automatic crash logs will usually be saved automatically in the event of a crash. If those exist in your temp folder, we can take a look at them.

More detail on what we're looking for (e.g. symptoms, what was happening just before the crash, types of files involved) would also be useful. Preferably in a new thread, as this is no longer really about tabs in separate processes.

Hi Leo, I sent you a manually generated snapshot yesterday (created directly after the crash) because a single Dopus window with 4 open tabs crashed/forged again (there were about 5 Dopus windows open in total + I couldn't find an Automatic crash log). - Have you had the opportunity to view this snapshot?

The snapshot didn't reveal anything by itself.

When making manually generated snapshots, it's important to make more than one. The instructions suggest making five.

Please also start a new thread for this, as I asked above.