Startup DOPUS

Hello,.

I would like to know why the DOPUS first start after starting the PC is quite long (about 30 seconds) and starts following are snapshots.

For info, I did not file icon.

Can you help me, please ?

Did you read this post: [url]Horrible slow first start!]

Good morning,

I have already read this post and unfortunately, I do not pack icons. Even with my antivirus off, it's the same thing.

Best regards.

You could try using Process Monitor to see what's going on as Opus starts. That may indicate long periods where it's accessing particular files/folders for some reason.

strange, I do not see anything special. Well, the first boot is still very long, but the following are snapshots, I am not going to complain. Perhaps with the next update, it goes back in order. :cry:

To return to my problem, I tried several solutions, but it is always the same. Even starting automatically little process, the first boot is still very slow. Maybe it comes from my setting DOPUS. If I find a solution, I'll post for those who also have this problem.

Perhaps this isn't the same problem or perhaps it is, but a couple years ago or so I was having initial start up problems with Opus too. Opus would start up normally but then for up to 2 minutes it wouldn't do anything. Not even the folder tree would expand to where it should have been. Then after a couple minutes or so, Opus seemed to wake up and all was fine after that until the next time I rebooted.

As far as I know I was the only one with this problem and no solution was ever found. Finally about 6 months ago the problem just went away and has never come back since. When I was having the problem it persisted through several updates of the Opus program, including from version 8 to 9. And when it went away, it just stopped. I hadn't changed anything in my machine at the time.

It was a strange one for sure.

I have seen similar behaviour with other, doubtless inferior, file managers.

I tracked it down to the thing trying to connect to network resources, like drives on a LAN.

Another possibility could be if the file manager tries to resolve a "Favorite" that points to somewhere on a LAN.

Removing Favorites that pointed to the network eliminated the problem for me.

It might also affect the symptoms if you have your PC Shares set to "Reconnect at logon"

This is just a guess, if you have no sharing or LAN, then it is a dud guess.

Michael is right.

Windows in general is awful at dealing with unreachable network paths. If you've got a mapped drive that cannot be contacted or a favourite or link to a UNC path which cannot be contacted, or is just slow to respond, then that would explain everything.