Strange behavior of zip-file drag over Microsoft Edge

This may be new in the latest iteration of Win 10 (Spring 2018 Update), and it is a minor annoyance, but here is what I see:
When I try to drag a file out of a zip file in DOpus, if I have the Edge browser open in the background, as soon as I drag the file across that Edge window Opus pops up a dialog saying "Extracting from zipfilename" with a moving progress bar but a percentage that stays at zero. The "action" can be paused and resumed but not aborted, and the dialog cannot be dismissed. I can get rid of it only by closing the lister. The intended action itself (copying the file to the desktop, say) succeeds without issue, however. The only unusual side effect I see is the creation of a zero-length file in my %TEMP% folder with the same name as the file I am dragging. Weird, really...

Is it only when dragging image files, or over certain sites?

It looks like Edge is triggering the Drop while the mouse is just Over it and the button hasn't been released. Need to look in more detail though. I'm only able to trigger it with image files (inside zips), and when on the forum (forum front page triggers it; the New Tab page doesn't do anything).

I first noticed the problem with font (.otf) files.

We've added a workaround to the next version that should prevent this.

Great, thanks!