Subscription model

Complete trash. Yeah that's complete garbage not paying a yearly subscription to my file explorer

It's a perpetual license with one or two years of updates, not actually a subscription. You will be able to keep using the latest version.

The only thing that changes is that instead of the updates lasting a version number, they last a time period, but that means it may also be spanning multiple versions if they push those out sooner (as that wouldn't matter now).

Longer thread here.

1 Like

Also here and here.

At this point I have to assume people complaining about this have not read the details and are just reacting to the word "subscription", as new threads keep being made as well, without reading the old ones (or the main announcement that explains things).

It's not an Adobe-style subscription. You don't have to keep paying anything to keep using Opus.

Thousands more words on the subject in the other three threads if you're still not convinced.

Are you serious? I read exactly what you wrote and the fact that you're changing to a subscription model for updates is trash in my opinion. I would have happily bought 13 but you want a yearly fee and I will not pay a yearly fee for Opus. I'm just not subscribing to another thing is all. Simple as

You can buy 13 without subscribing to updates, it's entirely up to you. If you want to keep ranting about it there are existing threads for this, making a new one is pointless.