Suggestion: Shift+Home,Shift+End, Shift+Del keys in FAYT bar

Hello.. I'd like to suggest adding Shift+Home,Shift+End, Shift+Del to the keys that works normally when the FAYT bar is open.
The reason for this is that those normally belong to those, and it's somewhat annoying to suddenly select many files when not intended.

For the Shift+Del the reason is different though.
I guess many including me use it as one of the keys for correcting text, so use it automatically without really thinking, but
when used in the FAYT bar the consequences are somewhat dire. In other words, it DELETES currently selected files without asking.

If it worked as a normal edit key, or at least asked before deleting files when the FAYT bar is open it'd be nice.

Note, when I say FAYT I mean the bar is open in the "find as you type" mode, not the other modes.

We'd get complaints the other way around if we did that. :slight_smile:

If shift-del deletes without confirmation then you must have the recycle bin turned off, in which case you may want to remove the shift-del hotkey entirely so only the normal del hotkey remains.

I apparently didn't have to actually remove it, unchecking it seems to work.
At least I won't accidentally lose files due to that keycombo in the FAYT field anymore.

It's somewhat seldom, but I've happened to delete files this way while attempting to correct text in the FAYT bar before due to ingrained behavior I guess.
Obviously I know that isn't an ordinary editbox, but you know.. my fingers apparently doesn't. :confused:

[quote="myarmor"]I apparently didn't have to actually remove it, unchecking it seems to work.
At least I won't accidentally lose files due to that keycombo in the FAYT field anymore[/quote]

You can easily change the shift delete command to something more complicated (like shift delete alt)
to avoid inadvertently deleting files.