Switching left/right focus in dual display sometimes laggy and slow

If I copy data from a USB drive with a dual display lister, and then switch focus from the left to the right lister (e.g. toggle source from left to right or vice versa), it sometimes takes a whole second to react.

In general, this toggling seems to be much slower in newer versions than in older ones. I remember in older versions of Opus, this switching was instantaneous. Is this a known bug?

I also noticed that in the new directory breadcrumb field, it is sometimes impossible to click into the field in such a way to have the whole path marked (for copy and paste into the command line for example). It tends to just highlight a piece of the path, or show me a context menu because I clicked near a breadcrumb. Is there an easy way to click into it so it marks the whole path? Alternatively, is there a "copy current path to clipboard" command I could utilize?

Thank you for the support!

Does this happen when using the default toolbars, or only with customised toolbars? Make sure you don't have any toolbar buttons or icons which require things like slow or disconnected/unavailable network drives, since refreshing them (which happens when you change sides or change folders) can trigger long delays.

If there's no empty space on the right of the path to click on, you can still click on the icon on the left to start editing. F4 will also start editing, by default (can be changed by customising the location field's hotkey).

There's one in the default menus: Edit > Copy Other > Folder Path.

Does this happen when using the default toolbars, or only with customised toolbars? Make sure you don't have any toolbar buttons or icons which require things like slow or disconnected/unavailable network drives, since refreshing them (which happens when you change sides or change folders) can trigger long delays.

I have a bunch of customized toolbars and never tested without using them. But I just upgraded my motherboard to a faster cpu with more cores, and the problem has gone away!

If there's no empty space on the right of the path to click on, you can still click on the icon on the left to start editing. F4 will also start editing, by default (can be changed by customising the location field's hotkey).

Ah perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. By the way, a "refresh" button on the right similar to what Safari on the iphone displays, to reload the current directory would also be great :slight_smile:

There's one in the default menus: Edit > Copy Other > Folder Path.[/quote]

Awesome, this is what I was looking for. Thank you! Any frustration I had with DOpus has always been cleared up immediately after visiting this forum. I understand this kind of service is unique and very rare! Thank you again.