Symlink/Junction ReparsePoint Folder/File Styling, Icons, Hiding - Request

Is there already, or is it possible to enable the ability to set either the color, or icon for, or style of text of a folder or file that is a ReparsePoint (Junction or Symlink).

That would be very helpful in working with various projects. I understand already we can add a column that shows the target, etc.

In providing such a feature:

• Distinguishing Junction and Symlink ReparsePoints would be helpful.
  • Distinguishing the settings for folders (dirs) versus files would be helpful.
  • If it is complicated, then supporting these features for dirs would be more important than files.
  • Adding the ability to "hide" Junctions and "hide" Symlinks (independently) would be really helpful.

Hi!
Have you tried:

Settings - Preferences - Favorites and recent - Labels?
Click Add
Set up the name, colors, icons etc., then

Settings - Preferences - Favorites and recent - Label Assignments
Click Create a new label filter
Give name, click + to add a filter:
Type - Match - Junctions and Links
And on the right, assign the Label to this filter and you should have junctions and links in a different style.

I do not know if its possible to distinguish between junctions and links though, im sure Leo will give you a more definite answer.

Hmm. I use labels a lot, but they are manually assigned.

Where is the feature to "auto-assign/auto-apply/auto-display" based on some attribute or other pattern matching like "Junctions and Links"?

It it had that it would be awesome :slight_smile:

Ohhh... I didn't follow your instructions... checking now

Super, I figured it out. Thank you!

The "Label Assignments" was a little bit of work to figure out the filter matching. But DOpus help is awesome:
"Filter Clause Types" topic.

Then "Label Assignments - Label Filters - Type - Match: Junctions and Links". Was missing the "Type" part for a few minutes.

You have to create a LABEL FILTER. It is located in:
Settings - Preferences - Favorites and recent - Label Assignments - Label Filters
By manually assigned i think you mean:
`Settings - Preferences - Favorites and recent - Label Assignments - File Paths
Because these are manually assigned.
LABEL FILTERS are automatically assigned.

(On a sidenote, you can turn on the Label Column by Right clicking any column name, then More... then search for General - Label. There you can see the assigned labels. This is not necessary)

Thank you! That was a great tip.

I did not realize that "Label Assignments" were even there, let alone that they did the "auto-apply-filtering" I was looking for!

OMG, I have been using it now for about five minutes and it is so much better (easier for me) for reading folder contents. I just made Dirs that are (Junctions or Links) italic.