Synchronising - how to exclude subfolders + commandlines

Hello again.

With the synchronise tool I seem unable to exclude and entire subfolder and its subcontents (folders and files). I have read the forums and it seems like it might not be possible, but perhaps I am not doing it correctly. I have tried the FULLPATH and LOCATIONS filters with NO MATCH and various endings, such as * and (|*), etc. but no luck. Well, not completely. It seems to exclude the desired folder but not all subfolders and files - I don't understand this at all. Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Also, if it IS possible, once I establish defined filters, is it possible to define an entire synchronise job, save it, and then assign it to a command-line batch file or perhaps a system-wide keystroke to execute the full synch job?

Todd

How to filter items by location or sub-folder covers this.

If you've followed that but aren't getting the right results, we need to see exactly what you've defined as your filter, and which files are being matched or not matched incorrectly to be able to say what's wrong.

I can send you that info but perhaps it's easier to start with my second question because if that is not doable and I cannot automate the sync jobs, it's not going to work for me anyway. To be clear:

"Also, if it IS possible, once I establish defined filters, is it possible to define an entire synchronise job, save it, and then assign it to a command-line batch file or perhaps a system-wide keystroke to execute the full synch job?"

I have about 10 sync jobs I currently run in another application every day as a form of backups - I would like to replace that software with dopus if I can, so I need to be able to run a number of sync jobs, one after the other, as a batch, to complete my daily backups.

Is this doable, ultimately?

That depends on what kind of sync you are doing. You cannot script the sync panel, but you can script the copy command (and various other things) which can do some of the same things.

The "Copy UPDATEALL" command may do what you want.

Unfortunately, the COPY command doesn't provide enough control. I guess I'll have to stick with my current solution. Thanks anyway.