Synchronize and skip huge folder

Hello,

I have been trying to synchronize 2 folders but I need to exclude 1 specific subfolder from the operation as this 1 subfolder is huge (+4 millions files).

I have been trying to set the filters in the synchronize panel, in the folder view and in the quick filter, but no matter what I try, as soon as I press the "Compare" button, the flat view is triggered and this huge subfolder starts to list all its files.

I have searched for a solution on this forum, I had some hopes regarding option Advanced Options "flatview_folder_filters" but no luck so far.

Is there a way to compare 2 folders and totally skip 1 direct subfolder named "Archives" ?

Thank you

For Find and most other things, you could do this using a sub-folder clause in the filter. That prevents the contents of certain folders even being considered.

Unfortunately, that won't work with sync. Sync will always consider everything below the starting point. While you can still filter things by path/location, the folders will still be read before filtering, so it only changes the results rather than how long it takes to generate the results.

(More detail here: How to filter items by location or sub-folder )

If you don't need to see and be able to change what will be synced before anything is done, and just want to copy new/modified files from the source to the destination, you can use the Copy Update All command with a copy filter, and that filter can use sub-folder clauses to avoid looking inside certain folders. Ask if that would be useful and you need more detail.

I needed to see and select files to sync.

Could it be reported to the dev ?
There is no point listing 4 millions files in the first place if we specified to ignore them from the comparison.

Temporarily moving the folders or the big subfolder to a different place is not an option?

Could it be reported to the dev ?

He might have already noticed :wink:

this folder is in use by an application, if I move it, it will throw errors in the application as the source will be missing.

I even tried to build 2 collections each containing all folders and not the big "Archive" folder. When I compare each collection, the output was wrong and paradoxal:

Could it be added to a wishlist ?
Basically, synchronize filter should have a priority before doing the flat folder view.