Synchronize files but ignore extension name

Hi,
I keep my camera raw and jpeg images in separate folders.
I then view the jpeg images deleting any unwanted photos as I go.
Once I have done this I would like to synchronize the two sets of files but I need to ignore the extension name.
Is this possible?

With the JPG directory on one side, and the Raw directory on the other side, you can use a button like this:

Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select NONE
Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select ALL
Select SOURCETODEST=noext
Select NONE
Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select INVERT

That will select all the files in the inactive side which are missing from the active side, ignoring their file extensions, ready for you to push Delete. (You could add the delete command but it seems a good idea to be able to inspect what has been selected first.)

(There are a few different ways the button could be written, and some of the commands could be changed/removed depending on which side you want to leave as the active side at the end, and whether or not you want to deselect everything in the JPG side to avoid accidentally deleting the wrong files.)

If you want to run the button when the Raw side is active, instead of the JPG side, then this version will do that:

Select NONE
Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select ALL
Select SOURCETODEST=noext
Select NONE
Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select INVERT
1 Like

Thanks Leo, very quick reply, you rule.
This is why I tell all my friends and colleagues to buy Dopus.
I have been using dopus since version 6 and this is the first time I have posted any question. :thumbsup:
The best hands down file manager in the world!