Synchronize Folder by Label

Directories on NAS-Server will be growing, thats the live of these diretories.
From time to time it is a good idea to make Backups ord Archives on externale Harddrives.
On NAS there will be bound Harddisks to a Raid or JBod or others and gives more Space as an one biggest Harddrive.
To make an external copy of Files from NAS will be make with the DO Sync Tool.
But Directories will be grow on and cant save all in one biggest Harddrive.
To move Files in other directories for syncing is impossible.
Then i want to define Folder with Label "Backup" and "Archive"
The idea is to sync only Folder with the Label "Archive" (Red with Icon HD) to save on Hardrive that Files will never change.
To Sync Folder with Label "Backup" (Green with Icon HD) will be sync only Backup Folders without "Archive" that will be stores in the same Directory.

The Folder where will be stores all is "SyncTest"

I have creates an Filter for "only Backup" , "no Archiv" and test it by the search modul. It works fine.

The i want to synchronize with the created filters, but it doesnt work?

See someone why it doesnt work?
Thanks

Filtering in the Synchronize tool is file based. You'd need to ensure all the files have the label in question, not just the folders, if you wanted to use labels for this.

But why not just start the sync one level down? Or filter by path/location?

Also, if you're only synching in one direction and just want to copy everything new, the Copy UPDATEALL command will be quicker and easier than the sync tool. That will let you filter by folder label, unlike the sync tool. (Using the subfolder filter clause is best here, as discussed in How to filter items by location or sub-folder )

1 Like

I must be to synchronize by two Folders.
It is not only copying i need to remove by target when Files is deleted in the Source Folder.
When Filter is included by Synchronize the i want to use it by Labels.
I think it is easier to do that on this way but how it works??

On way that i have tested and will work is to search the Folder that i want and synchronise the "coll://Suchergebnisse" Folder with the external Drive.

This will be two Steps and i had think to do that in one Steps directly by Synchonize. I´m happy that now i have found a way to do that in easy way.

It will nor work correctly.
Ever will be delete all and then copy all again?